Lx450 Transmission Is This Normal?

Andrewsreef

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

I want to know if any of your LX450s do this. When going under 15MPH like in a parking lot or driving in a neighborhood and not stoping but coasting (letting off the gas like to brake or turn), when I start to accelerate again, my transmission acts like it does not know what gear to be in. It will feel almost like it is in neutral and then shift into second and drive fine. Again this happens under 15MPH so almost at a stop. It does this very consistantly and may be normal but I have never noticed it before in other cars. No evidence of tranny slipping from a stand still under normal accelaration.

Just checking as I have become a little parinoid with this truck.

Thanks again

Andrew

My LX450 does the same thing. The trans is less responsive in the "normal" mode on the ECT. Try putting it in the "power" mode and I bet you will be more satisfied with the downshifting. However, you won't get as good gas milage.

Cheers

Mine did this when I first bought it. with 70K on the clock I proceeded to diagnose that the ATF was SPENT, it wasn't burnt, just dark fluid with no smell. So, I would dump the contents of the pan and replace with 4 qts about every 3 weeks. Yes, I know it is only suppose to be 2 or 2.5 qts but mine does 4. After the 6th drain and refill the ATF began to drain out with the smell of ATF, it is still somewhat dark and will require about 4 more dumps before I get to the point where I dump it at every oil change. Also, the very minute leak has gone away as the seals are swelling back to normal size. I am on my 3rd case of Mobil generic DIII fluid from COSTCO and will probably keep using the stuff. The Spool Up problem is gone now.

• 5 months later...