I Need A Little Help To Install My Intake?

Hey, Whats up? I just picked up a 250 last Monday and I got an intake for it already and I was wondering when I install the intake should I disconnect the battery?? The reason I ask is cause I really don't want to throw a code. So I'm just asking everybody's opinion. Thanks in advance!

Hey, Whats up? I just picked up a 250 last Monday and I got an intake for it already and I was wondering when I install the intake should I disconnect the battery?? The reason I ask is cause I really don't want to throw a code. So I'm just asking everybody's opinion. Thanks in advance!

With your subtitle you will be lucky to get any assistance. I will say that it wouldn't hurt to disconnect the terminal.

Well, there have been several helpful posts to the intake install question.

And yet no response from the OP?

Odd that the thread starts with attitude, but the fella says thanks in advance!

In any case, good luck with the intake, and please realize that attitude doesn't go too far in here.

First off, drop the attitude if you want any help from people around here. To help you, I have modified the title of this thread to lesson the bad first impression you have made.

To answer you question, it is always a good idea to disconnect the negative on your battery when doing any kind of substantial electrical work. What kind of intake did you get: K&N, Injen, ?? I assume you intake is outfitted with a new fitting or a work around for the current MAF sensor? If not, you will most likely set off some kind of trouble code when you get the car running. Also keep in mind, when you disconnect the negative you will lose all you presets in the radio, seat position and any other memory settings that may exist. The ECU will also revert back to the factory default settings and any "learned" characteristics of the ECU or tranny will be lost......only to have to be relearned again. This may not be a bad idea if you are the new owner of the car as the ECU and tranny will learn you style of driving.

As for anyone else that is reading this thread the original title was:

How About A Little Help To Install My Intake? A Little Help Is All I A, If you're not going to answer then *BLEEP*ing leave, Why waste you

steviej

LOC Management

First off, drop the attitude if you want any help from people around here. To help you, I have modified the title of this thread to lesson the bad first impression you have made.

To answer you question, it is always a good idea to disconnect the negative on your battery when doing any kind of substantial electrical work. What kind of intake did you get: K&N, Injen, ?? I assume you intake is outfitted with a new fitting or a work around for the current MAF sensor? If not, you will most likely set off some kind of trouble code when you get the car running. Also keep in mind, when you disconnect the negative you will lose all you presets in the radio, seat position and any other memory settings that may exist. The ECU will also revert back to the factory default settings and any "learned" characteristics of the ECU or tranny will be lost......only to have to be relearned again. This may not be a bad idea if you are the new owner of the car as the ECU and tranny will learn you style of driving.

As for anyone else that is reading this thread the original title was:

How About A Little Help To Install My Intake? A Little Help Is All I A, If you're not going to answer then *BLEEP*ing leave, Why waste you

steviej

LOC Management

Well let me start on just by saying thank you to the people that have given there little help, so thank you again. And as for the attitude I did that on purpose and the reason for that is because I posted the same question and all the people would do is just view it and leave no post and I have asked nicely. That's what made me post this post with an attitude cause I know I'll catch someones attention.

Well let me start on just by saying thank you to the people that have given there little help, so thank you again. And as for the attitude I did that on purpose and the reason for that is because I posted the same question and all the people would do is just view it and leave no post and I have asked nicely. That's what made me post this post with an attitude cause I know I'll cath someones attention.

Because everyone who viewed your post must have known how to answer it. Geez.

Well if they know how to answer the question wouldn't it make since if they answer it for that person cause that person is asking a LITTLE HELP? Key word (HELP)???? I'm just throwing that out there...

It's called sarcasm.

My point is simply this: you're mad because people viewed your post without replying, because you assume that they knew the answer in the first place.

DUDE! I'm wondering where you learned how to communicate with other humans? You try to get "attention" with the attitude? And then expect help after displaying such attitude? This is like the 5 year old in kindergarten acting out to get "attention". Take note, you are NOT in kindergarten anymore.

Where did you buy this intake? Did you exhaust other sources of information to accomplish this install?

Kindness begets kindness. Attidude begets no "little help" to install your intake.

If you have any further questions, maybe if you just ask nicely, politely even, it might just result in a better response. No? For your sake, I hope this has been a learing experience. If not, this lesson is over.