Ect Snow Switch

Can someone explaine the function of the ECT snow switch. I live Canada and this year we have alot of snow. I have a 2008 AWD RX350.

Use it only in the winter, and from a stopped position. I find that I get less wheel spin using it, and also slide less; it seems to do something to the torque split between the wheels which works well in snow.

Can someone explaine the function of the ECT snow switch. I live Canada and this year we have alot of snow. I have a 2008 AWD RX350.

Use it only in the winter, and from a stopped position. I find that I get less wheel spin using it, and also slide less; it seems to do something to the torque split between the wheels which works well in snow.

works even better with actual snow tires....

Yes I do have 18" winter tires on. how important is it to engage from standing start. I have noticed that if it is engaged going up a hill with 2500 rpm's and I engage the snow switch the rpm's will drop to below 2000rpm's and stay at the same speed with more control. from a standing start the rpm's will stay lower. I am happy with the results.