Power Windows

Ted7

Hello

I know the reason why it's not working, obviously the cable has broken somewhere near the door.

When I open the driver's door I can open both windows, when I close the door, no windows are moving (just hear a buzzzzzz).

The only thing is that I don't know where the broken cable is.

I'm sure I'm not the first who had this problem, so if anyone had the same issue here, I'd like to know where to investigate.

Thx in advance for any help

T7

Hello

I know the reason why it's not working, obviously the cable has broken somewhere near the door.

When I open the driver's door I can open both windows, when I close the door, no windows are moving (just hear a buzzzzzz).

I'm sure I'm not the first who had this problem, so if anyone had the same issue here, I'd like to know where to investigate.

T7

First off; if the cable was broke, it will not work! Second, where is the buzz coming from? Most importantly you say that when the door is open, it works. To me that sounds like the wires. Try looking for broken/frayed wires in the bundle in the door jam.

First off; if the cable was broke, it will not work! Second, where is the buzz coming from? Most importantly you say that when the door is open, it works. To me that sounds like the wires. Try looking for broken/frayed wires in the bundle in the door jam.

Yes sorry, I used the wrong term, I was speaking of the wires that may be frayed somewhere. The buzz is coming from the window panel control.

So you think I should open that rubber hose that goes from the door into the car?

Yes sorry, I used the wrong term, I was speaking of the wires that may be frayed somewhere. The buzz is coming from the window panel control.

So you think I should open that rubber hose that goes from the door into the car?

Yes, in the rubber. It is possible to pull it out of the car side and push it into the door. Just enough room to get a look once you peel off the electrical tape. If there is not enough room to work, you can:

A) cut a hole in the rubber; or

B) Take the door apart to gain access to the rubber from inside the door and pull it into the door for the most room that you need. (It's not that difficult. Just a bit more time.)

But before you do that, make sure; with door open, grab the wire bundle(rubber) and wiggle/twist/bend it while operating the window. If you can get it to stop you that's it. Maybe use an adjustable wrench for the grab, just don't go overboard on it.

Hello

T7

i had the same prob with my pass window, the wires had come out of the spool that held it on somehow and frayed apart, end up buying new regulator. cheapest place i found was www.lexusofmanhattan.com

bout $100 (new) sounded like a scam but no prob one year later now

• 1 month later...
Yes, in the rubber. It is possible to pull it out of the car side and push it into the door. Just enough room to get a look once you peel off the electrical tape. If there is not enough room to work, you can:

A) cut a hole in the rubber; or

B) Take the door apart to gain access to the rubber from inside the door and pull it into the door for the most room that you need. (It's not that difficult. Just a bit more time.)

But before you do that, make sure; with door open, grab the wire bundle(rubber) and wiggle/twist/bend it while operating the window. If you can get it to stop you that's it. Maybe use an adjustable wrench for the grab, just don't go overboard on it.

I finally found some time to fix this thing! Cable was cutted inside the rubber, made a bridge, works again!

Since I hate A/C this is a big relief!

!Thx for the help! :)

Ted7

• 1 year later...