How Do You Like Your Car? Is 250 Awd

I currently have an 03 Audi RS6 and it's time to move on. I like the look and supposed reliability of the 250, and I need AWD for Chicago winters. So, knowing what I don't like about my Audi, I need to know:

1. Is it hard to change the oil yourself, or it is pretty easy to access?

2. How is the reliability? Any chronic problems with the vehicle?

3. Does anyone race or do auto-cross, and if so, how does the car preform?

4. Should I definately get an extended warranty?

5. Did you take a huge hit in depreciation with the recent economic downturn?

Thanks in advance,

Welcome RS6Chick!

1. Do a search on these forums. Excellent "how to" on the oil change. I've done it three times now. It's WAY easy really.

2. We have an 07 with appx. 22K. We've had it over two years. No problems really. The dash has some weird creaking now and then. No mechanical issues whatsoever.

3. If I ever get a Subaru WRX-STi, maybe. But we don't race the Lexus. It's just not that type of car, and I won't pretend it is.

4. I'd not opt for the extended warranty. Not worth it. The cars are very well built, and built to last.

5. Not worried about deprectiation...we're gonna keep it for awhile, so for us it's a non-issue.

I will say this, though. The IS will be WAY different than your RS6. Just go drive one and you'll see. I've never driven an RS6, or even an A6. I have driven VW 1.8T's, and A4's. ANY car with a turbo will feel different than the IS. Yes, there is a "power band" or curve that you feel, but it's not a turbo, nothing like it. Even the Volvo S40 we had before the IS, when the turbo kicks in, you feel the rush. Not there with the IS. The 350, maybe. But then you don't have the AWD. Maybe a 350 with dedicated snow tires?

In any case, welcome, and let us know what you decide!!!

That's a huge downgrade. The power difference is gonna noticable - since there isn't any power in the IS. The IS250 is not something you would race in. I made a guide on the oil change and it's very simple(link in my signature). The reliability seems to be excellent. Oh and the depreciation is very minimal.

I moved from an RX-8 manual GT (~238 HP), so I dropped some power as well, but my IS 250 AWD moves pretty well, and the extra seconds in the 0-60 time probably won't be noticed most of the time. I miss the ride-on-rails feeling with the RX-8, with the IS having slightly more body sway and looseness in the steering, neither of which is necessarily bad. With any car, there are negatives and positives. While I miss my 8, I'm very happy with my IS.