Is250 Tires

I have a collegue who has an 07 IS250 with the sport kit. She drives very gently and needs to get better mileage than 15-20k miles out of a set of tires. The current tires are

On the front:

Turanza - ER33 225/40 R18 88Y

On the back:

Turanza - ER33 225/40 R18 95Y

I wanted to recommend a lower speed rating tire with longer life. Any recommendations.

Do these vehicles have spares or runflats?

thanks

I have a collegue who has an 07 IS250 with the sport kit. She drives very gently and needs to get better mileage than 15-20k miles out of a set of tires. The current tires are

On the front:

Turanza - ER33 225/40 R18 88Y

On the back:

Turanza - ER33 225/40 R18 95Y

I wanted to recommend a lower speed rating tire with longer life. Any recommendations.

Do these vehicles have spares or runflats?

thanks

Correction 255 on the back

If long tread wear is important:

H-rated:

Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus

Goodyear Assurance TripleTred

Kumho Solus KH16

V-rated:

Michelin Pilot HX MXM4

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S

Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus

Others to consider if winter grip doesn't matter:

H-rated:

Continental ContiProContact

Michelin Pilot XGT H4

Bridgestone Potenza RE950

V-rated:

Yokohama Avid V4s

Falken Ziex ZE 512

Bridgestone Potenza RE950

For maximum tread life you need to get a set of non-directional tires so you can rotate them. I replaced the OEM tires with a set of Nitto INVO tires. They are extremely quite, and non-directional so I can rotate them side to side. My set has 24K miles on them and they are still very quite. I estimate 35 - 40K tread life based on the wear so far. Handling is good. I inflate them to +4 psi over the recommended pressure. This gives me similar handling response to the OEM tires. Take a look at the Nitto INVO tire, I like them and will buy another set when it time to get new tires on my IS250.

B)

New to the forum here, and instead of starting a new thread that may have been semi redundant, I thought I would just add to this one.

I just bought an 06 IS 250 AWD. As much as I love the look of the low profile tires that are on them, is there another tire that will add more tread life as well as soften up the ride a touch. I know it is also a sport suspension and it still a darn smooth ride, but is there a better tire to make the ride a bit better and longer tread life (which I think was answered above)?

Thank you in advance for your replies

New to the forum here, and instead of starting a new thread that may have been semi redundant, I thought I would just add to this one.

I just bought an 06 IS 250 AWD. As much as I love the look of the low profile tires that are on them, is there another tire that will add more tread life as well as soften up the ride a touch. I know it is also a sport suspension and it still a darn smooth ride, but is there a better tire to make the ride a bit better and longer tread life (which I think was answered above)?

Thank you in advance for your replies

Yes as mentioned above the Conti Extreme Contacts will give that to you.

When my Potenzas wore out around 20K I switched to the Michelin Pilot sport PS2's and I absolutely love them! They are way quieter, they seem to roll easier, they are wearing nice and slowly (estimating 25K out of them before replacement) and they are more responsive IMO. The Potenzas were not a bad tire at all but they got awfully noisy during the last 5K or so before I dumped them.