Driver Door Will No Longer Open! Help!

dmaddox

Hello, doors have all been fine, as expected.

Upon getting ready to go to work this morning, I unlocked car in the normal fashion, and it was still locked!

So, I used the key to manually unlock the driver door, still acted as though it was locked. Now, I think the cable is either broken or loose on the inside of that handle. Becuase the lock works ok, you can open from the inside and all other doors can open. However, I cannot open the driver door from the outside. As you can imagine this BITES!

Have any of you seen/heard of this issue, if so what is an easy fix? I'd hate to have to dig into the door panel and so on.

1994 ES300

Thanks,

Dallas

Try to find my post where I tried to describe the fix for this problem. The part I used came from NAPA #735-2785 and it is still working in both front doors I had to fix. The important part is to try put a cable zip tie to hold the rod in the clip. Not easy to acomplis, but worth the time and strugle, othervise the rod may slip out.