2001 Rx 300

ron burgundy

My truck will not shift into the last gear. Mechanic says I might need a computer for the tranny that will cost 350. He still isnt sure if the computer is the whole problem. If this does not fix the problem I cant return this computer. I have never had any slipping issues with tranny. the truck has 110,000 miles but maintained pretty well. I cant believe the amount of stories that had come up when I had googled rx 300 tranny problems, but none of which spoke of these computers. If you have any imput that will help , please shout it out....

My truck will not shift into the last gear. Mechanic says I might need a computer for the tranny that will cost 350. He still isnt sure if the computer is the whole problem. If this does not fix the problem I cant return this computer. I have never had any slipping issues with tranny. the truck has 110,000 miles but maintained pretty well. I cant believe the amount of stories that had come up when I had googled rx 300 tranny problems, but none of which spoke of these computers. If you have any imput that will help , please shout it out....

Is your check engine light on or any saved codes?

sounds like your overdrive isnt working, that is how my tranny failed....But mine threw a code. The other reason it would not go into overdrive is if the engine isnt warmed up or a sensor is bad. First take the dip stick out of the tranny and look at the fluid, smear some on a clean white cloth and smell it.

If it smells burnt and is real dark brown in color than you probably toasted the transmission. I SERIOUSLY doubt the computer is bad. Have never read any post indicating that. good luck

check engine light is on for another reason though lean air bank sensor, nothing coming up with transmission, but mechanic had asked if I had disconnected battery recently . I hadn't , but did put a after market remote start.

check engine light is on for another reason though lean air bank sensor, nothing coming up with transmission, but mechanic had asked if I had disconnected battery recently . I hadn't , but did put a after market remote start.

Fix the "another reason" that is causing your check engine light and then your tranny will shift into overdrive fine. The computer prevents the tranny from shifting into overdrive when you have a CEL. This is by design.