05 Es 330 Creaking Dash Sounds?

momtogrif

We bought an 05 ES last December. Everything seemed fine until mid way through the summer when we started hearing a creaking/popping noise coming from the dash. Seems to be noticeable when turning or going over pavement although my husband says he hears it on the highway now! We took it to the dealer and they had no answer for us, which I find questionable. So, is there anything I can bring to the dealer to prove this is a real issue? When they drove it around, the darn thing 'conveniently' didn't make a sound!

Thanks,

B

There is a TSIB for this issue, the plastic in the windshield cowl rubs which causes the creaking. Its a very easy fix and was done to mine years ago.

Ask the dealer to search their TSIB database.

Took in the 2006 GS300 for the second time now, as the creak has come back, worse than the first time. It showed up again with the arrival of the cold weather.

There are a lot of people who have creaking dashes, so it's a surprise the dealer hasn't dealt with the situation before. It's so common I think that the dealership is still waiting on the replacement cowl (about a week now for the part to come in -- part shortage anyone?).

I would find a location near the dealership with a stretch of road that produces the sound from the dash, and then ask to take a tech or someone for a ride for them to hear the sound.

Good luck. You can find the TSB as well here, something about windshield shims I believe to fix the creak.

You're talking about the GS300, we're talking about the ES330. Totally different cars.

I'm well aware of creaking issues on the new GS, but they are different and not as widespread on the ES. This repair does not involve replacing the cowl on the ES, its simply adding some bushing to keep the two parts from rubbing together.