Leaking Sunroof

killerFatty

I was taking my 93 through the local carwash and when the giant fans hit it, foam started leaking in through the sunroof. What should i do to fix this? I have takin my car through the was before and never had a problem. Now I'm woried so I havn't washed my car for over a month and a half. Thank goodness it dosn't show too much dirt. Is it just a seal that I need to replace or is it something bigger? any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

KillerFatty

[ I had the same situation with my 91 LS.. I seems that when the roof is open, leaves and other debris get into the drain channels and back up the water and start to soak the headliner.. You can use compressed air to clear the drain tubes but with not too much air pressure or you may blow off the drain tubes..I used a long piece of semi stiff wire and poked it thru the tubes, but you still have to be careful not to disconnect the drain tubes that carry the water out to the back of the car...Its a pain in the !Removed! job but it works! Good Luck... Stroker

name=killerFatty' date='Nov 27 2008, 12:11 PM' post='342134]

I was taking my 93 through the local carwash and when the giant fans hit it, foam started leaking in through the sunroof. What should i do to fix this? I have takin my car through the was before and never had a problem. Now I'm woried so I havn't washed my car for over a month and a half. Thank goodness it dosn't show too much dirt. Is it just a seal that I need to replace or is it something bigger? any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

KillerFatty

My guess is that there's no blockage, otherwise you would have had water leaking earlier in the wash. If there is some blockage you could try vacuuming it out instead. The seal around the sunroof has become compressed with time and the cold weather prob causes some shrinkage as well. If it only leaks under high velocity fans in a carwash, I wouldn't worry too much.

There are plenty of parts sources posted here. You'll have to do the research because I don't know which carry sunroof parts. I believe the seal and glass are one piece, but you can condition the seal and adjust the position of the roof in the tracks which would improve the contact. Here are a few links, plenty more if you do a search:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=sunroof