Rx Vs Ls

GKLCPA

I'm having my car serviced for the first time at Lexus today and they gave me an brand new RX for a loaner. I must say that this car is no comparision to my 12 year old LS, even though it has some nice appointments. It just doesn't feel as solid and it's definitely not as comfortable.

I can't wait to get my LS back!

The other cars are nice (I love my ES), but they aren't the LS. Every time I drive an LS I'm reminded of that.

Funny, when I'm driving the ES I don't miss the LS that much because its really nice too, but whenever I drive an LS I'm just struck by how much...better...it is.

The other cars are nice (I love my ES), but they aren't the LS. Every time I drive an LS I'm reminded of that.

Funny, when I'm driving the ES I don't miss the LS that much because its really nice too, but whenever I drive an LS I'm just struck by how much...better...it is.

I guess i just thought that all the Lexus's would be similar. The ES is a nice driving car although not quite on the level of the LS. The RX is just like a regular small SUV as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying that it's not nice, it's just not something I could drive after having an LS.

My wife has an RX and I'm happy about that because of the reliability of Lexus. It's a very nice vehicle. But, I always appreciate driving an LS most after driving something else, anything else.

Greg

The LS is the most comfortable and solid feeling car I've ever owned. I really don't plan on driving any other car at this point. So as long as Lexus is around and making quality LS's, they'll have me as a customer. On almost any measure, it beats most other cars. There'll be some that say it's not fun to drive like a bmw, but I don't want to feel the road, so it's suits me just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

A Rx Is the SUV version of the ES to me. They both share a lot of the same parts. But they both can't compare to an LS of any year. They just don't ride or handle as smooth or quickly as an LS can. LS is and always will be #1.

• 2 months later...

I've finally had the misfortune of driving one of these little RX350 loaners. My biggest complaint is the seating position; it's absolutely horrible. It's too high (the little bit of hair that I have rubbed on the roof the entire time), and there isn't enough legroom. Obviously, it's designed for someone 5'5" instead of 6'5". There was a wind noise problem at >60mph, and a lot of the cheap dash materials (the door panels too) would creak when you touch them. The seatbelt reminder is probably the most irritating of any of the ones I've ever come across (sorry, I'm not going to buckle to move the car around the driveway). It turned tight, was fairly peppy, has good cup holders, the rain sensing wipers were neat-o, and the illuminated door sills were cool. Having driven my parent's '08 MDX a number of times, I couldn't see myself picking the RX over the MDX.

It was a strange color too. Kind of green, kind of beige, kind of a bunch of colors mixed together....

post-1461-1235526667_thumb.jpg

They just don't ride or handle as smooth or quickly as an LS can. LS is and always will be #1.
I wouldn't characterize the LS as being a "quick" handling car. It is many good things, but quick it is not. I have driven many standard mid-size FWD sedans that handle in a much sportier manner.

But then again, that's not why I bought the LS400. :)