4 Mo's Of Looking I Finally Found My 06 Gs430!

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thanks to all who shared their input over the summer with me.

I started looking and asking you guys Q's 4 months ago! This really is a great informative forum..I started out wanting the GS300, and hardly saw any 430's so I then drove the 350, fell in love but just decided it was outta my range..and I was was adamant about finding a one owner-private pty non leased FL car with the goods...It wasent easy..SO I found a local 06 430 this week, had it inspected friday at my local Lex dealer and pulled all service records, no paint work etc, everything worked out. I gave a deposit and I am currently waiting for the title to be fedex'd to the owner to seal the deal monday or tuesday. It has a bit more miles than I wanted (47k). But compared to most that I drove with 30k+ mi. it was far cleaner than all..I may have paid a premium vs some ive seen on ebay, but felt like it was just the one for me, and I wasent seeing that many 430's fully loaded, that were close to me in the southeast. She's matador red on black...ML+NAV etc, and a color that I rarely see here in FL.. :D

I loved the way the V8 felt vs the 350 with the added torque, and can accept the milage for the smoothness.

Paid 27.5k... I have the sticker that says $58,xxx...so I think I did OK. I called the guy over in Shreveport about getting a Ext. Platinum warr. His quote was WAY below what my local dealer qouted.. Anyone have past dealings with him? He was very polite and quick so I will go for it if that is the extended of choice on the board? I will post pics just soon as I can get some zaino on her! Just wanted to share my excitement and say thanks to all.

-GS

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thanks to all who shared their input over the summer with me.

I started looking and asking you guys Q's 4 months ago! This really is a great informative forum..I started out wanting the GS300, and hardly saw any 430's so I then drove the 350, fell in love but just decided it was outta my range..and I was was adamant about finding a one owner-private pty non leased FL car with the goods...It wasent easy..SO I found a local 06 430 this week, had it inspected friday at my local Lex dealer and pulled all service records, no paint work etc, everything worked out. I gave a deposit and I am currently waiting for the title to be fedex'd to the owner to seal the deal monday or tuesday. It has a bit more miles than I wanted (47k). But compared to most that I drove with 30k+ mi. it was far cleaner than all..I may have paid a premium vs some ive seen on ebay, but felt like it was just the one for me, and I wasent seeing that many 430's fully loaded, that were close to me in the southeast. She's matador red on black...ML+NAV etc, and a color that I rarely see here in FL.. :D

I loved the way the V8 felt vs the 350 with the added torque, and can accept the milage for the smoothness.

Paid 27.5k... I have the sticker that says $58,xxx...so I think I did OK. I called the guy over in Shreveport about getting a Ext. Platinum warr. His quote was WAY below what my local dealer qouted.. Anyone have past dealings with him? He was very polite and quick so I will go for it if that is the extended of choice on the board? I will post pics just soon as I can get some zaino on her! Just wanted to share my excitement and say thanks to all.

-GS

well, no matter what you paid, everyone here will say you got ripped off.

Good luck with the car. What's the info on the extended warranty guy? Is it a Lexus extended warranty so that when you bring the car in they have the information and they just submit the bill to them or do you first pay the bill and then submit it? How does it work with this guy? I have a Lexus extended warranty on my SC 430 and Lexus takes care of it directly. I've only used it twice for small stuff and it worked very well.

Well now I wouldn't say that at all.

That car with those options plugged into www.kbb.com with my zip code fetches a retail price of $31,785 assuming excellent condition.

I would think that because I am in the northeast (little harsher on cars) that a zip code near the south coast will bring a slightly higher retail.

If gsnoles paid $27.5 then I would say he got a good deal.

steviej

Well now I wouldn't say that at all.

That car with those options plugged into www.kbb.com with my zip code fetches a retail price of $31,785 assuming excellent condition.

I would think that because I am in the northeast (little harsher on cars) that a zip code near the south coast will bring a slightly higher retail.

If gsnoles paid $27.5 then I would say he got a good deal.

steviej

THANKS STEVIEJ

still havent got the car yet since the owner paid the car off through toy himself and even with a fedex request they have not sent it yet. C.Union wont give me a check without the title of course..But I came to the conclusion that after looking for so long no car was the perfect used car, or price or color etc. Its about compromise at some levels. I got the options, color, and a clean no wrecks, FL one owner GS..with more miles that I wanted but compared to the $37,xxx 350 i walked on 3 mo's ago..saving 10k seemed like a good deal for a 430.

Captainbly-I saw a thread from the FI guy from shreveport, Lex on here..called him and he quoted very strong on a 3yr plat. 100k bumper to bumper no deduc "LEXUS" warr. I asked him 3 times if I could take it to my local lex dealer and if I would get lexus new parts and not spend a dime and he said yes to all..I just cant own a used car with no insurance for the first few years..we can do all the inspections we want but no telling if a nav is just gonna crap out one day...I just cant have that happen and ruin my first lexus expierance.

So im still waiting to get my car..this is BS..toyota says it takes ten days AFTER payment to release a lien holder so I cant get the car until then. Im really bummed. Anyone have any similar encounters with TOY Financial or recently pay a title off? Is this standard? I need my car for a road trip Friday! :angry:

So im still waiting to get my car..this is BS..toyota says it takes ten days AFTER payment to release a lien holder so I cant get the car until then. Im really bummed. Anyone have any similar encounters with TOY Financial or recently pay a title off? Is this standard? I need my car for a road trip Friday! :angry:

10 days is the standard wait time after most title releases, not just toyota credit. You can get them overnight but it takes coordination of the two institutions involved and a bunch of faxes. I had to do it once but was able to get a title released overnight with confirmed electronic payment and a conference call between my bank and the bank holding the title. Whenever you buy a used car, it is helpful to know if the seller "has title in hand". It takes time when your payment to the seller is needed by the seller to pay off their note and then get title.

steviej

10 days is the standard wait time after most title releases, not just toyota credit. You can get them overnight but it takes coordination of the two institutions involved and a bunch of faxes. I had to do it once but was able to get a title released overnight with confirmed electronic payment and a conference call between my bank and the bank holding the title. Whenever you buy a used car, it is helpful to know if the seller "has title in hand". It takes time when your payment to the seller is needed by the seller to pay off their note and then get title.

steviej

Maybe it is diff at a credit union? I asked if there was anything that could be done and they never said they could take a fax...maybe this is a bank rule only? I will call my banker tomo...we are both getting super impatient and nervous that one or the other will become frustrated and walk..im not gonna walk but I guess he could sell his car to a dealer if he really wanted it gone and simply return my deposit...thats not what i want!! I need my G this weekend!!! arghh. thanks for help steviej!

Really? I got mine and drove it off within 30 minutes of buying it and doing all the paperwork.

Thanksgiving came early fellas...I got the car on wed day before turkey day :) Took my road trip on sat and everything worked out great. Smooth as can be and great passing power on the highway...I had 3 ppl in my luggage loaded G with the ac on the whole day and was driving like a madman and still averaged 24.5 mpg..Was impressed for a car of this weight and power...First impressions are the seats are GREAT...Its very tight for a car with 47k miles and tracks straight as an arrow. In power ect mode its very responsive yet still smooth. Great for road trips. FYI-I have 2 bulging discs in my back and had no pain at all even though on the way back I was behind the wheel on I-10 for 7 hrs in stop and go traffic...She's getting detailed and tinted this weekend and i'll post some pics.

-GS

post-70145-1228273576_thumb.jpg