So I Took The Plunge And Bought It..

Airtraffic

I brought her home today.. 1995 SC400. Every possible option. It's an awesome car, the more I drove it the better it was! I love the Nakamichi sound system. The car has only 78K miles on it and looks practically brand new. It was obviously babied. I have all the service records from the lexus dealer where it was serviced. I look forward to some good times! Great board here too!

I did trade my BMW 330xi for it.. The ride is better in the lexus, I needed something not quite so stiff for my daily commute. The BMW did have some massive brake rotors on it and it stopped in a hurry.. The SC400 doesn't stop quite as short, but it is a bit heavier and I think the rotors are smaller.. Are there options for brakes that will increase stopping performance?

Yes, it turned out to be two speakers in the back so they replaced those.. I don't know what brand they replaced them with.. Don't know if it makes too much difference, from the pictures I've seen of the Nak speakers they weren't that special. I guess it's the deck and 210W amp that makes it sound good. I think had it been much more involved than that, they may not have fixed it.

I must say, it's a much more refined ride than a Bimmer 3 series.

Refined is a good description, supple is another. Loved the 533 I had, with very few probs I must say, Maybe just lucky. Then I got the LS. Just no comparison in the ride. Handling of course can't match the bimmer, but that's not why I got the LS. Once you experience the ride, there's just no turning back.

I brought her home today.. 1995 SC400. Every possible option. It's an awesome car, the more I drove it the better it was! I love the Nakamichi sound system. The car has only 78K miles on it and looks practically brand new. It was obviously babied. I have all the service records from the lexus dealer where it was serviced. I look forward to some good times! Great board here too!

I did trade my BMW 330xi for it.. The ride is better in the lexus, I needed something not quite so stiff for my daily commute. The BMW did have some massive brake rotors on it and it stopped in a hurry.. The SC400 doesn't stop quite as short, but it is a bit heavier and I think the rotors are smaller.. Are there options for brakes that will increase stopping performance?

With regards to the brakes. There aren't too many. Usually bigger rotors stop more. They're are aggressive 12/13" rotors available from Brembo or like the custom ones from Wilwood I have. You could check out the the part# for the Supra Brakes and see if match your SC4, since they vary from year to year. When I was upgrading mine. the fronts were similar to the ones on the LS400, but the rears were closer to the Supra. Still needed to be modified with spacers. Now that's the proper way.

There are some Cross-Drilled or Slotted rotors on Ebay that will be better than the stock setup. You just have to remember the pads Carbon-ceramic are a bit more aggressive than the OEMs, but you won't need to resurface the rotors that much. Also, consider changing the Brake fluid. Motul, Redline, or Royal Purple work very well with aftermarket brakes.

That should help with your brakes.

Congrats Dude! Today I drove home a 95 SC 400 with 97K on it. Has most of the cool stuff I think except no Nak. Seems well cared-for. Has a minor idle lope or miss that occasionally makes it jerky at low speed.

Due for an oil change and transmission fluid... I've heard about red tranny fluid (Dextrol?), do you happen to know?

Enjoy.