Pulled The Trigger!

Hey Fellas,

Well just got Certfied 2006 GS430 with all the fixen's for $32k. It has 32k miles and looks pretty good. I thought that was reasonable. The only thing that I wonder if I got shafted is that I did get the 5 year 100,000 mile warranty increase. What do you all think? I guess I should get everything checked out still? Any concerns or suggestions? This will be my first pre owned vehicle.

Thanks !

Hey Fellas,

Well just got Certfied 2006 GS430 with all the fixen's for $32k. It has 32k miles and looks pretty good. I thought that was reasonable. The only thing that I wonder if I got shafted is that I did get the 5 year 100,000 mile warranty increase. What do you all think? I guess I should get everything checked out still? Any concerns or suggestions? This will be my first pre owned vehicle.

Thanks !

I got it too. From what I've been reading, CIBA is ok insurance. They try to stiff you though if the cost is too high, but just take them to court.

Keep good records of all maintenance. If you go to your local Lexus dealer, they can print you out a form that shows regular service, if the car had it. My car was a lease car before, so it had pretty regular maintenance.

32k for a Lexus dealer certified GS430 is an awesome deal - the highest end Honda Accord costs just as much and doesn't have the backup camera, the mark levinson, and all that jazz.

If you suspect anything wrong with the car that warranty would cover, don't even attempt to fix it. Take to a dealership and use warranty. If they try to welch on you, raise hell - I had to.

Hey Fellas,

Thanks !

Congrats on the purchase B) Welcome to the club :cheers: Now you have to post some pix of that Beauty ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Fellas,

Thanks !

I got it too. From what I've been reading, CIBA is ok insurance. They try to stiff you though if the cost is too high, but just take them to court.

Keep good records of all maintenance. If you go to your local Lexus dealer, they can print you out a form that shows regular service, if the car had it. My car was a lease car before, so it had pretty regular maintenance.

32k for a Lexus dealer certified GS430 is an awesome deal - the highest end Honda Accord costs just as much and doesn't have the backup camera, the mark levinson, and all that jazz.

If you suspect anything wrong with the car that warranty would cover, don't even attempt to fix it. Take to a dealership and use warranty. If they try to welch on you, raise hell - I had to.

Question for you guys-Im shopping for a warranty right now and the lexus dealer is telling me its a lexus warranty just like a CPO...the "Platnium" 3 yr 100k total mile deal...Mine was bought from a private owner so its not a cpo...I want to essentialy buy the same level of a "CPO" warranty.. Is the insurance through "CIBA" or TOYOTA? Dealer is not saying anything about CIBA. He said lexus/toyota everytime...Just dont want to get screwed here..

Hey Fellas,

Thanks !

Question for you guys-Im shopping for a warranty right now and the lexus dealer is telling me its a lexus warranty just like a CPO...the "Platnium" 3 yr 100k total mile deal...Mine was bought from a private owner so its not a cpo...I want to essentialy buy the same level of a "CPO" warranty.. Is the insurance through "CIBA" or TOYOTA? Dealer is not saying anything about CIBA. He said lexus/toyota everytime...Just dont want to get screwed here..

Get it on paper, but I'm sure that extended warranty is aftermarket. Remember that dealers will try every tactics possible to screw you out of the most amount of money on things like this. Don't pay over a grand.