Another Triumph For Trunk Hinge Wiring !

vyhanh

Hi,

Symptoms:

1. My son's 91 LS400 was idling roughly (between 300-500rpm),

2. TRAC light flashing,

3. Brake light icon lighted

So:

1. Unwrapped the trunk hinge wiring

2. Found 2 wires: W-B and Y damaged

3. Repaired those 2 wires

BINGO !!!!

Good of you to post this info. :cheers: Curious, before the fix, was the idle lumpy or just fluctuating up and down? And was this noticeable while in gear at idle or in Neutral? Did it ever come close to stalling? Seems like there are a few members posting similar problems. This is the first time I've read where someone has actually solved their idling problem this way.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, he told me that he had difficulty starting ie. it did not want to start. When started, it wanted to die or idled roughly (both parking and neutral modes). Regarding the brake light icon on dash, we kept replacing one of the brake light bulbs (passenger side tail light assembly) and it kept blowing. Now, everything is fine :cheers:

Good of you to post this info. :cheers: Curious, before the fix, was the idle lumpy or just fluctuating up and down? And was this noticeable while in gear at idle or in Neutral? Did it ever come close to stalling? Seems like there are a few members posting similar problems. This is the first time I've read where someone has actually solved their idling problem this way.

Time to check the rest of the wiring.

Im having some idle issues. Where are these trunk hinge wires you are referring to? I'd definitely like to look into this as a potential solution to my problem. I also have a brake light on in the dash.

Im having some idle issues. Where are these trunk hinge wires you are referring to? I'd definitely like to look into this as a potential solution to my problem. I also have a brake light on in the dash.

In the gen 1 LS400, the wires are at the left trunk hinge. I don't recall anyone reporting a similar trunk hinge wire problem in a 95-up LS -- at least not yet.