Rx 400h Windshield Wipers

i have been so annoyed by my wipers. constantly having to change them almost every other month or so. i live in the new england area but its crazy to have to change them that much. i can barely see through the rain. my service guy said they should last for 15,000 mile but i have been changing them every 5000 miles and thats because thats the only time i get a chance to go to the dealer for sevice. its more for an annoyance than anything. anyone with some suggestions at all? should i go generic?

What exactly happens to the blades? Our blades sit in the sun all day and even after 3.5 years, are still okay when it rains (which admittedly does not occur often).

my car sits in the garage all night. but i do drive alot in the day time. maybe an hour or two every weekday. should i go generic though?

I sure would.

Tom

Have you examined the blades? What is happening to them? If they are simply wearing out evenly, then yes, try a high-quality aftermarket blade. If the OEM blades are wearing unevenly, then your wiper arm may be to blame, NOT the blades themselves.

Yes, I would tell the dealership to replace the arm and wiper assembly, since your frequency of replacement is unacceptable. The problem could very well be with the wiper arms, not the blades.

• 3 weeks later...