2010 Rx Hybrid

I think the issue is that with all the features and functions they are putting into these vehicles, touchscreens are too difficult.

The mouse idea is great...providing it works well. I've never used a system that I thought worked well, Audis is okay. Infiniti now uses a joystick AND a touchscreen.

The Joystick also means that they can move the screen up towards the windshield which makes visability safer and better, and it leaves them more room to keep HVAC and radio controls on the dash as opposed to having to integrate them into the screen...

• 2 months later...

I sat in the new RX350 today at the DC Auto Show and saw the RX450h (it was up on a pedestal, couldn't sit in it).

I liked the exterior of the vehicles, but I have to say I was dissapointed in the interior of the new car vs the old car. The swooping dashboard is odd, the screen is nice and the mouse-controller works very well, but materialwise and designwise I have to say I'm afraid my opinion is similar to when I first sat in the ES350 and compared it to the previous ES. I think material quality has taken a downgrade...

I sat in the new RX350 today at the DC Auto Show and saw the RX450h (it was up on a pedestal, couldn't sit in it).

I liked the exterior of the vehicles, but I have to say I was dissapointed in the interior of the new car vs the old car. The swooping dashboard is odd, the screen is nice and the mouse-controller works very well, but materialwise and designwise I have to say I'm afraid my opinion is similar to when I first sat in the ES350 and compared it to the previous ES. I think material quality has taken a downgrade...

Hmm... don't like the tail lights either. In regards to the non touch screen navi... I have that in my X5, and the touchscreen in my RX, and I must say, having them both I prefer the touch screen, and so does my wife. She has trouble with the BMW knob while adding address info (I took me a bit to get proficient as well), for that reason if she knows she's going to need navi she always takes the RX.

Just received a customer notification from the dealer offering 2009 in the inventory, or wait until mid February for the 2010. My 2006 has been good to me. Just over 67,000 miles and going strong. The new design would take some getting used to. I really like the '06...

Just received a customer notification from the dealer offering 2009 in the inventory, or wait until mid February for the 2010. My 2006 has been good to me. Just over 67,000 miles and going strong. The new design would take some getting used to. I really like the '06...

I always like what I drive, thereby keeping it too long and passed the optimum trade-in value.

In regards to the non touch screen navi... I have that in my X5, and the touchscreen in my RX, and I must say, having them both I prefer the touch screen, and so does my wife. She has trouble with the BMW knob while adding address info (I took me a bit to get proficient as well), for that reason if she knows she's going to need navi she always takes the RX.

The new Lexus system is MUCH better than the iDrive.

In fact the new BMW iDrive is much better than the old iDrive too.

You won't miss the touch screen.