350 Keeps Getting Swiped!

mhawkin1

I have had my starfire 350 since March 1st of this year. I have noticed that my significant other has grown quite fond of the car, swiping it each evening to go to the gym, run errands, etc. I am then left with our 1996 4Runner. This doesn’t bother me really... other than that fact that we have a very different definition for what constitutes a clean car and an acceptable parking spot. I have suggested trading the 4Run on another 350... to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Get her a Highlander Limited or an RX. Generally, women prefer SUVs for some reason, and the HL Limited is hardly a step down from the 350 for about the same $, and the 08-09s are quite an improvement from the older ones. My wife loves hers!

Or as DC says, get an LS!!!

Both good suggestions.

The real problem is that he doesn’t want a new car and constantly professes his love for the darn 4Runner.......

I would love an LS - they have a grey ’06 at the dealership with 7k miles on it right now.... tempting.

I had a ’93 LS back in the day and I swear it was built much better than the 350; although I really like the 350.

(I will be sure to tell him that women like SUV’s and he needs to suck it up and get a Highlander….. ) Oh those pesky details.... :lol:

Sorry for my assumptions, it did bring a smile to my face on the humor you brought to it. I am a little embarased... The HL is great though, but the LS is nicer, sounds like a good one at the dealership. But, I know how attached we get to those things we love. Might have to live with the 4Run! :blushing:

No need to be embarrassed; I re-read my original post and clearly left it lacking specifics. I have lived in Indiana for 29 years - if details are not needed, they are not given! :D

(Indiana is actually great, not trying to bad mouth it.)

If I look back, the 4Runner is probably my fault; I bought it originally. I guess I didn’t realize it was going to be a permanent fixture in our garage!

I have had my starfire 350 since March 1st of this year. I have noticed that my significant other has grown quite fond of the car, swiping it each evening to go to the gym, run errands, etc. I am then left with our 1996 4Runner. This doesn’t bother me really... other than that fact that we have a very different definition for what constitutes a clean car and an acceptable parking spot. I have suggested trading the 4Run on another 350... to no avail.

Any suggestions?

I lived thru this with my previous new cars...and the cleaning difference is immense! my wife has a Expedition ..uggh... playing onto the fact she is a tank lover suv person.... I am proud to say she only took it once when her truck was in for service....

I will ahve to trust her for a day as i plan to detail my wifes ride in the near future...so i wlll have to trust her....

Take the keys away and hide them! to go from ur clean detailed 350 to a 96 truck .....arggh!