Ls400 Starting Problems

thetonic55

I bought a 92 ls 400 about 2 months ago. It drives like a dream, and runs great. Nothing has been going wrong untill today. I drove to work, never had any starting problems or anything. I went out on break listen to music with the car running, locked it up went back inside came out about 5-6 hours later. The battery was dead. Lights werent on. But the battery is completely drained, tried jumping it, and when i try to turn it over, nothing. No clicking, nada. Let it charge the battery off another car for a good 15 min. Finally got enough power for lights, radio, and everything electrical to work. But still the same thing, try to turn it over and nothing. Just confused because never had a problem start it once. Anyone have any ideas on this?

My father is a machanic, and know quite a bit. But he doesn't do much work on forigen cars. I`m pretty sure the starter is under the intake manifold but not possative. He thinks it might be the anti-theft. Locking out becuase the battery was completely dead. Any insight would be great. Thanks

The Tonic.

Hey that worked perfected. Any idea the reason why? Still thinkin it was the anti-theft. but not sure works great after that little trick, thanks a ton.

It happened to me a while ago and I fixed it the same way you did and it WAS the anti-theft system that was making the car not start. But after unplugging the battery for a while and plugging it back in it resets the computer and everything should work normally again.