Dammed Ipod!

BigBuggie

Hey guys,

My 92 was only equipped with a tape deck, I was doing fine listening to the radio but after a while it occurred to me that I know the majority of Lil Waynes songs, At that point I knew I had to take action.

So I recently (yesterday) setup my IPOD (via tape) in my car....Nice!! Sound quality was decent to.

On my way home from dunkin donuts a few minutes ago I noticed there was no sound from my left side, Turn the balance pot all the way left, treble disappears and it's snap crackle pop. Both front and rear left side doors are gone, Nothing from the drivers tweeter. Awesome!

My Woofer has been acting up since day 1 but I could live with that, Unfortunately this situation is unacceptable.

So, I know the doors are 4" and I believe 4 ohms? Im just a bit curious as to the best way to go about this, I have the pioneer system and was just thinking about swapping out my door speakers with something after market. Of course Im sure there are many other options of which I am not aware..

BTW, I am not an audio guy by any means so I could definitely use a little help :huh:

Thanks, Pete

It does not sound like a speaker problem if all the drivers side (left channel) speakers stopped working all at once.

When all the right side speakers stopped working on the Nak system in my 00 LS400 earlier this year, the problem turned out to be a loose connection on the balance control in the head unit. In my situation, the right side speakers worked on and off over a period of several weeks until finally there was no sound at all from the right channel.

Your problem could also be in either your head unit or amp.

Did it only happen when using the IPOD tape adapter? They will do that if it does not sit evenly on tape head. Sometimes if you hit the reverse button (button that plays the other side of the tape) on the tape unit, it fixes that problem.