Lexus Gs 350

I have it on the nose of my car, above the grill and about 1 and a half feet back. I did not install it on the side mirrors or the front bumper.

I purchased the car with 12k miles on it, and the previous driver did not have the protection installed. He/she took a rock which dinged the paint. The dealer touched up the paint, and after installing the 3M protection, you can see a minor bubble where the touchup paint is. Other than that, it is invisible, and I would highly recommend it.

As for the side mirrors and front bumper, I look for dings every time I wash the car. (Which is 4 times a week) I have yet to see anything. Don't know if I am lucky, or they are more resiliant than the nose of the car.

My greatest resistance to installing it was peeling. Would it peel back...collect dirt/dust along the edges...or just wear badly. So far, it has made it through two summers and a winter in Minnesota, without showing any signs of peeling or other types of wear.

--Duckman

Had mine done a couple of months ago. It is nice, but there is one draw back.

If you use a paste or cream wax, it will build up along the edge of the film and is hard to get out. Took me a day using a thin cloth and my finger nail to get the wax out. The wax build up will attract dust/dirt and become dark in color thus accentuating the edge of the film.

Just use a spray wax close to the film edge and you get no build up.

The other thing that had to be done before the film was applied was all imperfections or current rock chips had to be touched up. The guys who applied my film did this and they were great. They used one of those Auto Sharp Pens.

steviej

I had my detailer do it. He actually subs this out and they did an awesome job.

It included:

• The Auto Sharp Pen and touch up existing chips.
    Body prep for the film (all wax has to be removed)
    The 3M film for the front 1' of the hood, the mirrors, the front bumper (3 sections), and the front quater panels.

the package listed for $700 but he charged me $500 and bundled it up into a full detail.

steviej

When using a paste wax, apply the wax on the hood from front to back, it'll keep it from building up under the edge.

I did it that way and it still got in. I may also have been putting on too heavy a coat of wax.

steviej