First Time Out In The Snow(ice) In The 450

Rookie

So the wife calls about Mid-night Friday stranded. We got some freezing rain/snow here in Knox-Vegas, that by mid-night was a solid sheet of ice on the road. I went outside and about busted my !Removed! on the driveway. Needless to say I was cusing her for being out.

Anyways, the 450 went like a dream. Hardly even spun the tires on some pretty nasty hills. My biggest problem was avoiding folks in the ditch and guys sliding around everywhere. I just weaved right past them. It was assume! Now who's getting bad gas mileage? :D

Rookie.

Hey guys, I'm a regular over at the ES300 forum, but thought I'd check this out for once and waddya know; I find someone who appears to live right closeby me! I live in Knoxville too, Farragut actually, and I have a Land Cruiser and was lovin the snow and ice the other day! I work on a farm and had to get there Saturday morning via backroads, but I had no worries! Anyhow, wow; it's a small world after all! What color's your 450? I'm willin to bet I've seen you around, on account of the fact that there aren't too many LX450s cruisin around KnoxVegas... B)

Lex3486,

Your right, it must be a small world! I almost live in Farragut, just off of Canton Hallow road. Drive a dark metalic green 450, with 2-12's in the back, and newly painted center caps :D .

How do you like the Silverstar's? I was thinking about making the change, but didn't know if it was really necessary for me to jump up to the Hella's, hoped the Silverstar's would be an adequate upgrade.

Later,

Rookie

Oh man, definitely go for the Silverstars; I thought they were good in my Lex, but I put em in the Land Cruiser and they're so much better! I'd definitely invest in them. Get em at Wal-Mart or Autozone though; Turkey Creek Wal-Mart sells em in sets (never seen a set anywhere else! B) ) for around $37, and Autozone right now has a $5 rebate if you buy a pair, which costs $40 for both so they're both about the same price, but you can't get the high beams at Wal-Mart, or at least I've never seen em. Anyhow, that's cool that you live so close to me man! I live basically right behind FHS. Maybe I'll see ya around sometime; my Land Cruiser (the car I drive now b/c the Lexus is gettin new head gaskets at the moment) is a dark grayish blue and it has chrome aftermarket rims, so it stands out from the rest. The Lex is a black and gray ES300 with chrome striping and door handles (guarantee there's not another like it anywhere around) so I'll look for ya when I'm out! Man, I want a LX450 so bad...lol B)

Thanks for the info. I was actually at that Walmart today looking at the Silverstars. Your right, didn't look like they carry the high beams. Also out off Mobil 1 synthetic 5 quarts, which I'm about to change over to.

We'll keep an eye out for you.

Later,

Rookie

Yeah, I'll look out for you too. I'd really reccommend buyin them at Wal-Mart though; best price, and you can return ANYTHING there if you don't like em, whereas the other stores may not be so generous... ;) Anyhow, I'm about to get out and about in the ole Land Cruiser, so cya around I suppose! B)