2010/2011 Lexus Gs-f

I know there is no forum for this new vehicle in the "F" series, a lot of people haven't even heard about it, I just recently found out myself! The regular GS forum seemed appropriate to post this. Apparently, Lexus plans on developing a GS-F by 2010/2011 with the change in body style. It is going to have a 500 hp V10 engine. I don't think much of anything else about it is out as of this moment. I was hoping to start a discussion on what everyone thinks about this. Maybe some of you all have heard of this and would like you share your knowledge about this! It looks to me like it'll be an incredible car, definitely one I WILL have to have lol. I found some pics of it as well, and I am aware that it might not look like this if they change the body, but these are just some "concept pics" I guess you can say.

Here's some info I picked up off of Motor Trend:

Take the 500-plus-horsepower, Formula 1-inspired sub-5.0-liter V-10 slated for the 2010 Lexus LF-A supercar, drop it in the body of the all-new 2011 GS sedan, and what've you got? The 2012 Lexus GS-F. Watch out, BMW M5, Audi RS6, Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, and 2009 Cadillac CTS-v!

Details are sketchy, but engineers are said to be protecting the next-generation GS to be able to package the supercar's V-10. The GS-F apparently hasn't been approved for production. It would be a good idea, though, and not just for enthusiasts. It would cut engine costs through higher volume than by building it just for the exclusive supercar.

This also is official (kind of) notice that a V-10 has emerged as the engine Lexus will use in its supercar. Lexus hasn't announced the engine, or even made the supercar official, but Toyota was said to be considering either the V-10 or a twin-turbo version of the LS sedan's V-8. The new V-10 was to be Toyota Formula 1-based, but that series now uses a V-8, and the street engine has been developed with diminished connection to the racing engine.

The GS-F, if approved, would hit the streets about a year after an all-new GS scheduled for the 2011 model year. Expect visual mods similar to those of the forthcoming V-8-powered IS-F. Transmission is likely to be the eight-speed automatic from the LS 460, modified to allow full manual mode via paddles and ultrafast shifts.

post-68371-1221878318_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1221878330_thumb.jpg

I know there is no forum for this new vehicle in the "F" series, a lot of people haven't even heard about it, I just recently found out myself! The regular GS forum seemed appropriate to post this. Apparently, Lexus plans on developing a GS-F by 2010/2011 with the change in body style. It is going to have a 500 hp V10 engine. I don't think much of anything else about it is out as of this moment. I was hoping to start a discussion on what everyone thinks about this. Maybe some of you all have heard of this and would like you share your knowledge about this! It looks to me like it'll be an incredible car, definitely one I WILL have to have lol. I found some pics of it as well, and I am aware that it might not look like this if they change the body, but these are just some "concept pics" I guess you can say.

Drool, Drool B) I want one in a bad way :cheers:

Wow! I love the idea of subtle changes to the body, making the car more of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Audi is a master at this. If you look at their S series, really, the only differences in outward appearances to the A series are the chrome side mirrors and the S logos

It is going to take time to catch up to their competition in this market. BMW's M5 and Audi's S6 have years of development and technology behind them...as well as many years of racing dominance to assist with their development.

I would suspect pricing to be in the $80k to $90k range, similar to Audi's V10 S6....which ran my dad $83k. I believe pricing on the M5 is also in that range, but demand for the car makes it extremely difficult to get from a dealer...at least here in Minnesota.

--Duckman

• 3 months later...

Yeah I'm not too entirely sure how Lexus will work this car out. It definitely has great potential, but like as stated, it's going up against the cream of the crop of sport sedans, and will still probably take years to build up a rep. But hey, I'm definitely already wanting one, the GS is a beautiful car and the though of having a V-10 just sounds so amazing haha! I wish there was more out there about the car (info, pics, etc.) if anyone finds anything more out about it be sure to share it :D