Help Me Please!

tonyw

My 92 SC400 will crank, fire, start and run for a few minutes, but then dies. The tech is telling me he is getting a lean code on the left side of the engine. And the plugs are flooding, every time. It has a new fuel pump and fuel pump ECU. could there be something that we are missing. could the intake be clogged. Any help here

My 92 SC400 will crank, fire, start and run for a few minutes, but then dies. The tech is telling me he is getting a lean code on the left side of the engine. And the plugs are flooding, every time. It has a new fuel pump and fuel pump ECU. could there be something that we are missing. could the intake be clogged. Any help here

The lean code and flooded plugs don't seem to go together. The new fuel pump and ECU would seem to direct attention away from the fuel supply. Flooded plugs should indicate fuel isn't an issue...I'd look at ignition components serving the flooded plugs. Assuming the wet plugs are restricted to the left bank, logic would say it has to be a component common to those particular four cylinders. Ignition wires for the entire bank shouldn't all go at the same time, so focus on the distributor wire, distributor components or electronics for that bank of cylinders.

The lean code and flooded plugs don't seem to go together. The new fuel pump and ECU would seem to direct attention away from the fuel supply. Flooded plugs should indicate fuel isn't an issue...I'd look at ignition components serving the flooded plugs. Assuming the wet plugs are restricted to the left bank, logic would say it has to be a component common to those particular four cylinders. Ignition wires for the entire bank shouldn't all go at the same time, so focus on the distributor wire, distributor components or electronics for that bank of cylinders.

All the plugs are being flooded. The problem is the injectors are constantly pulsing fuel and causing the flooding, the injectors are not firing corectly, the tech is going to try to oem them today if he can get the car warm enough.

If your injectors have a poor spray pattern, then the fuel will not be atomized and vaporized properly. You could have the correct volume of fuel delivered to the intake but it will enter the cylinders as droplets and will not burn. This will soak the plugs and can show up as a lean condition as if the fuel delivery was lean. A poor spray pattern can look like a restricted injector (lean condition). Your tech is correct to test them. He most likely will do a bench flow test. If the issue is that the injectors are not firing correctly, then the ECU should be checked to ensure that it is receiving all required signals and that the driver circuit is functioning properly. It controls the timing/duration on the injector valve.

Same thing happened to my SC4, lexus replaced the left ignition coil. They said it is a pretty common failure.

Same thing happened to my SC4, lexus replaced the left ignition coil. They said it is a pretty common failure.

Well I won't be doing any of that too soon, the tech I was using blew out my starter. So I get all the instructions to do this from http://www.lextreme.com/starter.html So I go out and buy a 14mm gearwrench wrench $21.00 because this guy says it will make the job alot easier. Well it doesn't the gearwrench won't even go over the bolt, it's too close to the engine block. I got one bolt off, but the second bolt that is next to the egr pipe is a !Removed!, does anyone have any info on what they have used. The bolt is also starting to strip because it's rusted on. I've used penatrating fluid on it several times. Any help would be great.