Detailed The Civic, In Time For The Salt And Slush...

ArmyofOne

Said nothing about any other makes. So rather than break forum rules I'll post where I know its ok.

Well, I started at about 11am, I'm kinda picky so this took awhile. That and the distractions from the wife, the kid (not mine, my sister's) and the dog...Well let me just say finally, by 5pm, I was happy with the results. I also took off each wheel and cleaned it thoroughly with soapy water and an old rag (which i later threw away) and gave them a coat of Megs Cleaner Wax. I also took the time while the wheels were off to complete my Rust-Resistant Undercoating using Permatex Underbody Coating I got from the shop at work.

But here we go, I used:

Megs Deep Crystal Auto Shampoo

Megs All Wheel Cleaner

Megs Clay Kit

Megs Aerosol QD

Megs Microfibers

Permatex No-Touch Wet 'n Protect aerosol Tire Shine

Kit Scratch-Out (for ****s and giggles, the finish is virtually flawless, I pride myself on that.)

and Megs Gold Class Paste to seal the deal.

DSC00866_Medium_.JPG

DSC00867_Medium_.JPG

Some Metal Flake shots:

DSC00864_Medium_.JPG

DSC00863_Medium_.JPG

^what is it about bugs and freshly waxed cars? is there an unspoken rule?!

DSC00862_Medium_.JPG

DSC00860_Medium_.JPG

DSC00861_Medium_.JPG

One of my favorite mods...showing my pride:

DSC00868_Medium_.JPG

and last but not least, the dreaded right side of the car...i never like to show it...and you will see why in a min...

DSC00859_Medium_.JPG

EDIT: oh, and these will be going on before the snow hits, i just have to order 2 more:

DSC00871_Medium_.JPG

Get a dent doctor to fix up up those dings and it'll look like a new car, ready to sell? :D Just kidding.

Nice to have a block of time like that and some good weather to go with it. Nice and easy does it every time.

:cheers:

Lookin good!

Whats wrong with the right side of the car?

golf ball sized ding in pass side front door.

Get a dent doctor to fix up up those dings and it'll look like a new car, ready to sell? :D Just kidding.

Nice to have a block of time like that and some good weather to go with it. Nice and easy does it every time.

:cheers:

If you give me $18,500 ill sell right now :D

what is a dent doctor and can i get one at walmart or online.

Thats no big deal, I didn't even notice it.

He means Paintless Dent Repair when he says "Dent Doctor". You need to take that to someone who does PDR, $99 and its fixed like new. Thats a real easy fix.

Thats no big deal, I didn't even notice it.

He means Paintless Dent Repair when he says "Dent Doctor". You need to take that to someone who does PDR, $99 and its fixed like new. Thats a real easy fix.

sweet!

$5 a wheel? Does that include balancing?

Best I've found here is $15+ per wheel including balancing...

Its Walmart. LOL.

and Steve thats probably because of the valve stems. you get new ones each time right? (yes you do, everyone does) and they include them....well i have 4 brand new ones here in my garage from a friend of mine who bought wheels from discounttiredirect.com (they send new valve stems, then sold the car before he put the wheels on. he sold the wheels and gave me the valve stems. the thing at wal mart says Mounting and Balancing: W/Valve stems $15 per tire, w/o valve stems: $5.

you dont need new valve stems each time anyway...i guess its a way to make a few extra dollars off you. I dont mind having them replaced each time though, its cheap insurance.

Hell if Walmart will install my tires and re-use the old valve stems for $5 when I order my new tires from TireRack...I'd be tempted. And I HATE Walmart...

While I enjoy shopping for other things there, I took my car to Wal-Mart once to have the tires balanced and will never return. It took them five hours, and, among other things, they put several deep scratches in all four wheels.

They certainly did not treat my car very carefully...I imagine that is probably typical. The only places my car goes now is the dealership or a local independent Lexus mechanic.

Hell if Walmart will install my tires and re-use the old valve stems for $5 when I order my new tires from TireRack...I'd be tempted. And I HATE Walmart...

they wont reuse old ones, i just checked for you, if you have them do your tires, you either have to supply new ones (Still in OE packaging) or buy theirs.