I Am Having Seriouse Boost Problems And Or Fuel Cut Please Help

ptnwrk

i have an 02 is300 turbo the car has been running perfectly on 1.20 bar until last night. i was in full boost last night and the check engine light flicked on then it went away when i was done boosting.. i thought nothing of it because it was not still on and the car was running fine. well today i went to pass on the free way and it stumbled pretty hard like it was experiencing fuel cut or it was a little lean and the check engine light was back on again. it has gotten worse and worse in the last few drives and i have checked the O2 sensor,the M A F sensor,i tightened the down pipe fitting,and checked the spark plug, this seems to be solely boost related EG not limited to rpm. i am seriously out of ideas please please someone help with this problem.

Have you pulled the spark plugs and checked them? So far it sounds like a spark issue. In turbo applications even iriduim plugs don't last all that long.

Have you pulled the spark plugs and checked them? So far it sounds like a spark issue. In turbo applications even iriduim plugs don't last all that long.

yeah i checked them they are decent i wouldnt think enough to be causing this issue i mean it is violent stumbling. the plugs looked actualy like they were burning a little hot but i am @ 11.8 under full boost on my A/F meter wich i think should be just rich enough to be safe.

do you think maybe my fuel pump or fuel filter is straining

alright since last posting i have discovered a few things i ran my obd2 on the car and it is reading

-manufacturer control auxiliary input and output.

-Random multiple cylinder misfire

-manufacturer control ignition system or misfire

i have been googleing these codes and have not learned much so obviously the motor is misfiring but why and what needs to be done to fix this

this is my las post i have an 02 is300 turbo the car has been running perfectly on 1.20 bar until last night. i was in full boost last night and the check engine light flicked on then it went away when i was done boosting.. i thought nothing of it because it was not still on and the car was running fine. well today i went to pass on the free way and it stumbled pretty hard like it was experiencing fuel cut or it was a little lean and the check engine light was back on again. it has gotten worse and worse in the last few drives and i have checked the O2 sensor,the M A F sensor,i tightened the down pipe fitting,and checked the spark plug, this seems to be solely boost related EG not limited to rpm. i am seriously out of ideas please please someone help with this problem.

Go to this forum. Explain your setup and problem in detail. Someone there can likely help you out. They're all about boost.

http://my.is/forums/f114/

thank you fo the advice honestly and its funny but i have the same post on that forum to i guess i will just have to dip into the funds and take it to a professional or just do some extensive learning! but thanks for the help anyway

KEVORK

the issue here is that the symptoms your explaining are caused by a ton of different things that can go wrong. It could be a fuel pump issue, it could be your fuel injectors or just the fuel injector seals, it could be a coil issue, or a spark issue, it could be a tuning issue. Are you running a stand alone ECU or a piggyback? It could be a Blow off valve issue or it could also be a wastegate problem. And on and on and on. When you go boosted, you need to know your car or have a mechanic that is your goto guy. This won't be the last time you have some issue that results in boost problems. Website diagnostics are just not a very effective means for solving issues like this. You have to have the car in front of you to be able to eliminate possibles, and zero in on the probables.