Bulbs

kenmac

I put my side lights on today and one of the heated seat switches wont illuminate up, but when you push them in the indication light comes on to let you know the heaters are on,can you replace the bulbs in the switch or is a new switch needed.

A little more detail would help this question immensely.

What side lights? There usually is a tiny little bulb in the switch. It may just be coincidence.

If you could post just a tad more info though I'm sure it will help get to the bottom of this a lot faster, and more efficiently! :)

A little more detail would help this question immensely.

What side lights? There usually is a tiny little bulb in the switch. It may just be coincidence.

If you could post just a tad more info though I'm sure it will help get to the bottom of this a lot faster, and more efficiently! :)

This is what happens when you copy and paste your post from the UK forum,it's the first click stop on the light switch over here we call them side lights,you in America call them parking/marker lights,when you put them on the radio,LCD's and the shifter lights up but my left hand heated seat switch doesn't but the LED bulb does.

I hope makes this clearer for you,so can I replace just the small bulb and leave the LED or do i need to replace the whole switch

ive seen threads about this before, it a big pain to remove all the covers to get to those bulbs, but they can be replaced. i think you can just buy a new bulb and solder it yourself if you have enough skills. i might be wrong thought, you are better off searching the forum for this problem.:)

ive seen threads about this before, it a big pain to remove all the covers to get to those bulbs, but they can be replaced. i think you can just buy a new bulb and solder it yourself if you have enough skills. i might be wrong thought, you are better off searching the forum for this problem.:)

Took it all out and yes you can replace the bulbs,they are in a small holder twist and remove.

Thanks for the help

thinking of bulbs, my 96 LS400 radio back lights dont light up. I can see the dial in the daytime, but not at night. all radio/cd/cass, work fine. took the radio out/apart, but the two bulbs are soldered in, I cant do that, plus I dont know if that is the problem. Seems funny that both would be out. I just bought the ls, so I dont have any history.. can anyone HELP???

post-5365-1217523306_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1217523349_thumb.jpg

PS-I was able ot find these bulbs for $2 something online. Anyone interested or needs them let me know and I will email you the link. Kind of weird to get to so I am too cool to post!

PS-I was able ot find these bulbs for $2 something online. Anyone interested or needs them let me know and I will email you the link. Kind of weird to get to so I am too cool to post!

Cheers ED,that's the one and yes I did get some thanks,can you send me the link for the bulbs