Failed Seals Inside My Side Windows = Constant Mist Marks

powderhound5

I bought my LS 430 used with 50,000 KMS on it last year. I began to notice some misting (whie patches) in the lower part of my driver's side window but living on the west coast and street parking I assumed it was winter condensation. I just noticed that the right rear passenger window has also got this problem and it is far worse with the internal misting going up to an inch inside the window.

I have the extended Lexus Warranty so i went to my dealership and they immediately knew what it was (failed seals in the windows) and this is not covered by warranty.

In the 16 months I have owned the car I have had 3 large claims on the extended warranty and had to buy a new passenger sun visor (short in the mechanism was causing and intermittent light) the visor was $450.00

I view the widow issue as both a quality control at the glass plant of a safety issue and will be writing Lexus, but before I do, I wanted to see if this was a common problem. I searched the forum and google and have found nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with failing sealing in the thermo side windows?

Yep. I have a 2001 LS. My driver and rear right passenger windows have that problem. It is from alcohol in window cleaner. It weeps up into the window when the seal is bad and gets into the laminate. The good news is that it won't continue. The bad news is that it is expensive to replace. I have switched to alcohol free window cleaner by Turtle Wax. I have read of others having this same problem.