Was Told Lexus Black Paint Is Single Stage?

Steve said that the black on my 1996 is single stage.

Can someone explain that more? Does that mean it's one coat?

I like to detail on the side and was impressed with how well the paint in my LS looked after cleaning it all up with clay and paint cleaner and tech wax (huge Meguiars fan here). Then I found out it won't do a whole lot for the swirls. Just a temp fix? Tear?

Its definately single stage. Its not one coat, its as many coats as the clearcoated cars, they're just all color coats.

Unfortunately yes, the swirls will return. You need to use something with some cutting action to actually remove them. Very easy to do on the single stage black.

You're kidding right about the spray paint? I hope so.

With single stage paint, when you're polishing you'll get paint transfer on your pad and towels, its normal. Polishes remove paint, it happens with clearcoated cars too... the paint that transfers is just clear.

Its definately single stage.
True. Ed, you'll see that your car is single stage when you polish it like Steve said. I used to polish mine all the time, and the pads would turn solid black.