Carpet Mat Damage From Heels?

rjt65

1 - Hey all. Being a big guy (^6'1" -240) lb) the angle I keep my right foot at digs in and seems to make a hole in the drivers carpet mat.

I did this to my Maxima mat, and now see it happening again.

any thoughts on how to prevent (yah take shoe off :whistles: use rubber mat :cries: )

2 - Hey on that thought---i did not order rubber mats yet, but need to do so for next winter. Wanting original OEM mats where did all buy them from website or dealer?

IS owner here. I have the same problem with the LEXUS Factory Rubber Mat! My heel, after three months, caused a break in the Mat. (I am a guy - so no high heels...haha) I brought it back and complained... and they warranted the mat! - replaced the rubber mat for free since I got it when I got the car. My regular service guy ( who also has an IS) couldn't believe they warranted it when I saw him the next time. Three more months and the darn thing cracked at the heel again. This time I backed it up with Duct tape. :(

My suggestion would be to go with an after market rubber mat - as the original factory mat LOOKS indestructable - but in fact is week at the heel point.

Wow never thought u could do that to a rubber mat! Any others have the same issue?

I like the look of the lexus mat and have never saw another rubber mat that looks as good. thoughts here folks? Lexus OEM mat versus other after market rubber mat?

6'2" here - I have the OEM All Weather Mats and wear dress shoes everyday and did so with my Prius for two years (pretty much same mats) and never have had an issue.

I think my mats were slightly over $100 at the dealer.

so you always use the rubber? not carpet?

cheers

6'2" here - I have the OEM All Weather Mats and wear dress shoes everyday and did so with my Prius for two years (pretty much same mats) and never have had an issue.

I think my mats were slightly over $100 at the dealer.