Ls 400 Crusing

VBdenny

Recent 400 activity

Well folks, I cleaned and waxed my truck, changed the oil and parked it in the garage. Then I rolled out my LS400 which I hadn't been driving much in the last few months. Not that there was anything wrong but I just like keeping it clean. The oil was new Mobil 1 with a fresh K&N HP102 filter. I cleaned the K&N air filter and since the tank was full with $3.75 premium and I was all waxed I figured I better put this beast on the road. Man oh man, I just love driving this car. I rolled up to New Jersey then back down south and then out to western Virginia and back to the coast. Just amazing how nice this car drives considering it is almost 20 years old. On my last trip my fuel milage was slightly over 22mpg which I consider pretty good since my average speed for the trip was 80.2mph. Yeah, I took it up to around a buck a couple times and it still wanted to go, but using what little common sense I could muster, I bled off 15 or 20 for crusing. Yeah it cost a lot but what the heck? In the next week I think I'll head up to the finger lakes in New York and cruise around there. By the way, I video all this stuff for later enertainment, even the fill-ups. Ouch! $70.60 yesterday.

Anyone else out there cruising around still?

ummmm.... they are incredible cars...the 400's...remind me of the song "Smoothe" by Santana.

By far the greatest ride ever, in the southwest we have wide open mesa country where it stretches for miles and the sagebrush and scrub oak meet the blue clear sky...pure heaven..no cops..no other traffic really....and that is where you can open it up...straight up to the stars...ooops tho...watch around that corner...might be an elk..!!

:o

There's nothing like these cars on the road. I look forward to each and every road trip. I just got back from the Atlanta area around memorial day. It was a beautiful drive down from PA. The car averaged 25mpg and was smooth as glass. LS 400 for life, but fill ups are getting painful. I paid $ 75 to fill up last week.

Recent 400 activity

Well folks, I cleaned and waxed my truck, changed the oil and parked it in the garage. Then I rolled out my LS400 which I hadn't been driving much in the last few months. Not that there was anything wrong but I just like keeping it clean. The oil was new Mobil 1 with a fresh K&N HP102 filter. I cleaned the K&N air filter and since the tank was full with $3.75 premium and I was all waxed I figured I better put this beast on the road. Man oh man, I just love driving this car. I rolled up to New Jersey then back down south and then out to western Virginia and back to the coast. Just amazing how nice this car drives considering it is almost 20 years old. On my last trip my fuel milage was slightly over 22mpg which I consider pretty good since my average speed for the trip was 80.2mph. Yeah, I took it up to around a buck a couple times and it still wanted to go, but using what little common sense I could muster, I bled off 15 or 20 for crusing. Yeah it cost a lot but what the heck? In the next week I think I'll head up to the finger lakes in New York and cruise around there. By the way, I video all this stuff for later enertainment, even the fill-ups. Ouch! $70.60 yesterday.

Recent 400 activity

I was going to post almost the same topoic as yours. Ya beat me to it. Every time I get in my LS, I start looking for the road outta town for some cruisin'. B) While you're in the Finger Lakes, check out Watkins Glen. Amazing hike in the rocks.

I don't use the LS every day so I don't feel the hit on my wallet as much as daily commuters even in econoboxes, but the fillups are getting rediculous. For a commodity that's essential to the world's economy and way of life in just about every way, I think it's bordering on the criminal for big oil to reap record profits while many are hurting as a result. I'm lucky that when the price spikes, I can wait until it drops before I fillup. Last year my neighbour traded his G35 for a Sequoia because the G35 wasn't up to the winters up here. This year he's looking to trade down to a Mazda CX7 because of the price hikes since he sold his Infinity. I know of several people who have now permanently parked their 150's or tahoes in their driveways because it costs too much in fuel to drive them and they would lose too much trading them in. Some dealer are no longer taking trucks in as trades because the market has dropped to virtually nothing. I think there's going to be a glut of pickups and suv's on the market for the foreseeable future. Tough on contractors and people who really need them. Saw a fully loaded Expedition hauling a 35 foot twin inboard the other day. It was a painfull sight, knowing what that guy's fuel bill must be for a weekend of fun in the surf. I think that's going to become as rare a sight as spotting RV's already is.

Strange.. just a couple days ago I had a wicked itch to go cruise my Lexus out of town. Unfortunately didn't get to do that but last night I took her 20-30miles out of town, set the cruise controll... I love it! There's nothing that will relieve stress anymore than cruising around in my LS B)....other than of course going into the hills with my buddies to shoot off a 22 rifle, 9mm pistol, "hand cannon" tha shoots 410 shotgun shells, and SKS assault rifle. MAN!! What a day! :D hahahha..

But anyways, I really hope to go on a road trip with my buddies someday. I love the 960mile cruise from where I'm at to Salt Lake City, UT. Beautiful place!!

Can't wait for the oil market to crumble..