Ahc System Hyd. Tank

Can someone with a 2000 lx 470 tell me wheather the cap on the hydraulic tank has a warning sticker on telling you to check the owners manual before adding fluid? Also does the 2000 have a plastic lock cap that fits around the actual cap.

No warning sticker on my '03. You just have to know what it is and what fluid to use. You use a screwdriver to remove the cap (stick it in one of the vertical slots).

Can someone with a 2000 lx 470 tell me wheather the cap on the hydraulic tank has a warning sticker on telling you to check the owners manual before adding fluid? Also does the 2000 have a plastic lock cap that fits around the actual cap.

No warning sticker on my '03. You just have to know what it is and what fluid to use. You use a screwdriver to remove the cap (stick it in one of the vertical slots).

Thanks for the response. I have been in the middle of a nightmare with my dealer. Since a 60 k service I have been having nothing but trouble with the height system (accumulators). They have informed me that the system is contaminated and deny any wrongdoing. Last trip in they returned the car with no cap and the strainer to that tank missing. it is criminal what they have put me through. I had to buy a new cap and found that the replacement cap has a warning on it advising you to see the owners manual. I would presume that the tank has been mistaken for soe other fluid. I contacted Lexus alsomost 30 days ago, they have taken samples and are awaiting the results. Unfortunatly for me, I trusted the dealer, they tap danced untill some credit monies I had were used and I was out of Warrenty. It woudl be greatly appreciated, If anyone else can also look at their truck and let me know if their is a warning sticker on this cap.

Thanks for the response. I have been in the middle of a nightmare with my dealer. Since a 60 k service I have been having nothing but trouble with the height system (accumulators). They have informed me that the system is contaminated and deny any wrongdoing. Last trip in they returned the car with no cap and the strainer to that tank missing. it is criminal what they have put me through. I had to buy a new cap and found that the replacement cap has a warning on it advising you to see the owners manual. I would presume that the tank has been mistaken for soe other fluid. I contacted Lexus alsomost 30 days ago, they have taken samples and are awaiting the results. Unfortunatly for me, I trusted the dealer, they tap danced untill some credit monies I had were used and I was out of Warrenty. It woudl be greatly appreciated, If anyone else can also look at their truck and let me know if their is a warning sticker on this cap.

I stand corrected. I was just replacing the fluid in the PS resevoir and noticed a red and white circular sticker in the center of the AHC resevoir cap, says 'use suspension fluid only' and 'see the owners manual'. It doesn't say to use "Toyota" brand suspension fluid or what will happend if you don't.

My 98 has a warning sticker on it that says "suspension fluid only" and to see the owners manual. As you may know the 98-2002 models are the closest models in similarity. In 2003 there were some cosmetic changes and interior changes but all in all 98 till last year there were no major mechanical changes under the hood. So yeah there is for sure a warning label stating to see owners manual.

My 98 has a warning sticker on it that says "suspension fluid only" and to see the owners manual. As you may know the 98-2002 models are the closest models in similarity. In 2003 there were some cosmetic changes and interior changes but all in all 98 till last year there were no major mechanical changes under the hood. So yeah there is for sure a warning label stating to see owners manual.

I have a 2000 Lx470. There are no stickers on the tank but the cap has a sticker that says "Notice- AHC fluid only, see owners manual. I hope this helps.

Tom