Water In Tire Tools Well

I have a 94 ES300. Everytime it rains I'm getting water in the tire tool well. Both the clear tubing and black tubing are vented correctly through the bottom of the well. Does anyone have any ideas where this water is coming from? I do not have any other leaks. However, my tire tools and pouch were ruined by sitting in water before I discovered the problem. I did a keyword search but didn't find much info. Thanks.

First step to trouble shooting a problem.

What is the problem and logically how could it happen?

You have water and it is from above when it rains or gets washed.

Now how do you continue to find the leak ?????????????

but is the plastic drain tube connected to the metal tube coming out of the gas fill port, that needs to be connected to the plastic tube or it will just fill the tool well with water when it rains or when you wash your car.

A vent does not exist inside the trunk or the wheel well.

Check around the trunk opening perimeter, the black seal and the tail lights. The water from the roof runs down the back windshield and behind the tail lights. You might even have to remove the tail lights to check.

The other possibility is the gas filler tube loose or not in place. When rains or cash wash, water passes the gas cap and can go into the tool area if not sealed or loose tube.

• 2 weeks later...