3 Weeks To Get My Es350

joeb427

Hi all,

Trading in my IS for a '08 Starfire Pearl/Gray Ultra Luxury package ES.

Every available option except rear spoiler and I love that panorama roof!

Should be in in 3 weeks.

How's the trans flare and rattle issues on the ES?

I hoping the late build of the model I ordered solved some problems.

I have a 08 Starfire Pearl/Grey - no problem with the transmission flare. My car is going in this week because after about 2,500 miles the seat belt connectors on the b-pillars started to rattle a bit, and of course you have the popping dash noise.

If you drive on the interstate, get a clear bra asap.

The color is beautiful.

Congrats and good luck!! :D

I have just over 1,100 miles (Late March picked up) with 08 ES 350 Obsidian Black on Black, UL with ML stereo etc. and no issues that a lot of people seem to have found with the 2007 models.

I have had a handful times when decelerating where tranny felt funny (flare) but IMHO it was no big deal nor happening often.

enjoy! (check out the forum on detailing--do not bring it into a car wash ever! the Lexus paint is so soft that you will get a ton of scratches.

cheers!

Hi all,

Trading in my IS for a '08 Starfire Pearl/Gray Ultra Luxury package ES.

Every available option except rear spoiler and I love that panorama roof!

Should be in in 3 weeks.

How's the trans flare and rattle issues on the ES?

I hoping the late build of the model I ordered solved some problems.

I have a 08 Starfire Pearl/Grey - no problem with the transmission flare. My car is going in this week because after about 2,500 miles the seat belt connectors on the b-pillars started to rattle a bit, and of course you have the popping dash noise.

If you drive on the interstate, get a clear bra asap.

The color is beautiful.

My IS I'm trading is Crystal White Pearl (with the popping noise)which is the same or very close to Startfire.Great color but I wish black leather was available like in my IS.

Glad to read of no flare problem.

rjt65

Thanks.

I was also told that the black glass roof can scratch from car washes.

I'm to anal to use car washes.I do it all myself.

After 48 hours of thinking about it,I'm going to pull the plug on the deal.

The car won't arrive till probably late June.

With the '09s coming out in Sept,to me the '08 would be a left over.I'll wait and get an '09 if I still want an ES.

Maybe some light changes here and there on the '09 ES and IS.

Though I'm having some second thoughts on an ES.

After my 300 mile trip this weekend in my IS,I may consider a IS 350.

Keep us posted.......why second thoughts on the ES?

Every time I get a loaner it's an ES.I love the comfortable ride and that Ultra-Lux package but also love the sportiness of the IS.

It's a tough decision for me.

Buying either a '08 ES 350 or IS 350 now wouldn't make sense to me as the '09s are coming out in Sept and may have some changes,even if minor,still changes here and there.

I'm also concerned about the trans flare on the ES and dash rattles on both models.Maybe '09 models will be free of those issues.

If you wanna pay more...

Now's the time to buy one of these cars, it'll cost you $3-4k more in September.

I already have a quote of $1500 over invoice on a special order '09 IS 350.I want Mark Levinson and Lexus doesn't have ML in any northeast delivered IS 350s.

I'm sure I can get a '09 ES UL for about $1500-$2000 over invoice.

I have at least a dozen Lexus dealers in a 50 mile radius and our family has purchased/leased 5 Lexus vehicles from a local dealer in the last two years or so.

I won't buy a '08 in late June to save $1000-$1500.Add in another $1000 lost on the sale or trade of my '06 still doesn't faze me much.The '09 will always be worth more than the '08 for a future sale or trade.So you really don't lose much if anything by paying $2K-$3K more on a '09.

There's usually minor changes and improvements on rattles and such with a new model too.

I'm probably going to go with a IS 350..