Center Column Noise

I have a severe problem with the center shift column construction on my '08 LS460 SWB. I can go over the most minor bumps and hear cracking sounds coming from the center shift column and dashboard wood right below the audio system. The noises even happens when I brake. I can press against the leather and wood in the areas the noise is coming from and duplicate it. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, the drivers seat groans. Am I expecting too much to have a new $70,000 vehicle sound better than the $50,000 used one I sold?

My '01 LS430 seemed better constructed than my '08 LS460.

You are under warranty...why ask us? No such problem here. If you can duplicate it, take it in.

I ask because I have had an personal issue with an ES300 with cabin noise, which turned out to be nothing more than normal cabin sounds. I appreciate you letting me know that my car is not the norm and I will bring it in. ;)

• 1 month later...
I have a severe problem with the center shift column construction on my '08 LS460 SWB. I can go over the most minor bumps and hear cracking sounds coming from the center shift column and dashboard wood right below the audio system. The noises even happens when I brake. I can press against the leather and wood in the areas the noise is coming from and duplicate it. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, the drivers seat groans. Am I expecting too much to have a new $70,000 vehicle sound better than the $50,000 used one I sold?

My '01 LS430 seemed better constructed than my '08 LS460.

Sometimes the Nav Screen/Radio as a unit is slighty loose, if you carry it in and can dplicate the noise they will remove it and place felt around the edges to insulate the unit from the dash. This is a common problem but not specific to any model sometimes even the instrument cluster will cause noises at times.