Need Some Tips On Retrofitting My Gs300 Headlight!

First I was planning on just buying an aftermarket HID kit, but I read many complaints of unwanted glare all over the place. Then I was thinking about buying projector headlights off ebay - but then heard they're junk! Many people recommend the retrofit.

I was browsing through and realized that this may take some time. My first question deals with the projectors themselves, any good models to pick from so they fit pretty good such as Acura TSX, Audi etc. I know I will have to cut the housing myself, but some manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes have giant back pieces to the projectors! Also do I need a bi-xenon projector? what are the benefits (still learning!!)? I figured the first step is buying/finding the projectors and the shrouds, then that will force me to make the time to retrofit!! Then there's the harness, seen a couple of custom ones on ebay - I'm sure one of those may do. Please share your thoughts!

Thanks!!

im thinking that would be more trouble than its worth retrofitting one into your headlights.........i have seen some people do it to some cars but i dunno who you would even go to for that! i would just recommend a aftermarket kit! i did one on my es300 and i had no noticable glare!

brian

im thinking that would be more trouble than its worth retrofitting one into your headlights.........i have seen some people do it to some cars but i dunno who you would even go to for that! i would just recommend a aftermarket kit! i did one on my es300 and i had no noticable glare!

brian

Yeah, I can't decide!!!! Heard that philips had a supposedly "X-treme" bulb for halogen lights that puts out 80% more than factory halogens. Maybe I'll check that out first before I decide..Thanks man!

• 3 weeks later...

that does look good, but wouldnt you get more light shining without that?

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian