Headlight's

I would like to replace my headlights, passenger side has bad condensation and the drivers side is like a rusty colored inside, I drive a 1992 SC-400 w/ the gold emblems and if I could find some new headlights my car would be like a new car again! It drives me crazy when i walk up to it from the front and notice "those ugly headlights" but the Lexus dealer want alot of money for a pair, can someone send my to a good web site or ???

Thanks, Lynn

I would like to replace my headlights, passenger side has bad condensation and the drivers side is like a rusty colored inside, I drive a 1992 SC-400 w/ the gold emblems and if I could find some new headlights my car would be like a new car again! It drives me crazy when i walk up to it from the front and notice "those ugly headlights" but the Lexus dealer want alot of money for a pair, can someone send my to a good web site or ???

Thanks, Lynn

had no problem finding several on ebay

Before you spend the bucks on new ones...

A few years ago, I followed the steps to pull off and break open the headlights to clean the insides because of yellowing.

Turned out I was stupidly mistaken. The yellowing was on The Outside, and Not the inside.

I put them back together then bought a bottle of Meguiars Plastic Polish at the Auto Parts store.

After using that they looked good as new! It was just that the plastic on the outside had oxidized from the Sun.

Of course, now they condensate when before I messed them up, they didn't. Oh well. Live and Learn.

Not to say you don't have issues inside the headlights, but you might want to try this first, just to see if it helps the situation.

Don't use a heat gun to open the lights. You WILL warp the black housing. I need a new one because of this.

Three minutes in your oven at 325 degrees will open it up nicely. Spend a few hours taking ALL of the old sealant off of the lights and reseal them as they would from the factory. The ones that are sealed on the outside look like crap.

You can buy the Ebay lights that look really cool and make them fit.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't use a heat gun to open the lights. You WILL warp the black housing. I need a new one because of this.

Three minutes in your oven at 325 degrees will open it up nicely. Spend a few hours taking ALL of the old sealant off of the lights and reseal them as they would from the factory. The ones that are sealed on the outside look like crap.

You can buy the Ebay lights that look really cool and make them fit.

the ebay lights are a joke, horrible quality.

your best bet is replacing or restoring the old lights and installing HIR-spec bulbs, they are much better than the stock bulbs.

Watch out for bad dealers on eBay. On my old Corolla, I bought some clear corner lights and the glue/seal job was pretty poor on them.

As in from clearcorners.com, or after-after markets from ebay?

Thanks, Lynn

I dont know if you are still looking but I just replaced my headlights with some halos and I have some good looking stock headlights if you are interrested

Thanks, Lynn

I dont know if you are still looking but I just replaced my headlights with some halos and I have some good looking stock headlights if you are interrested

How do those halos look? I've been thinking about them too, but don't want buy them yet until I see one personally or read good reviews. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Vic

Watch out for bad dealers on eBay. On my old Corolla, I bought some clear corner lights and the glue/seal job was pretty poor on them.

As in from clearcorners.com, or after-after markets from ebay?

Refurbishing your older lights is possible, but its a lot of work and not always worth it. Some plastics will end up with stress cracks within the plastic which cannot be eliminated. In addition, the projector lenses on the early SC models suffered from cracked projector lenses as the manufacturer did not leave sufficient room for thermal expansion, so the projector lenses would crack along the edges.

The SC headlights are good quality, a billion times better than the aftermarket chinese-made junk lamps being sold on ebay - I wouldnt touch those with a 10 foot pole.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

post-73038-1213999989_thumb.jpg

post-73038-1213999999_thumb.jpg

post-73038-1214000083_thumb.jpg

I've got the ebay ones with the 3 purple leds. They fit well and look great. BUT they are useless at night. The right one aims up in the trees. I've adjusted? it until it felt like the adjuster came loose inside. The little bulbs are H1's, 55 watt, but not very bright and have an odd pattern. Fortunately the factory high beams are quite good and no one complains when the're lit up. If I did a lot of night driving I would get some different ones, but we mostly take day trips in our 93. I wish there were better lights available. When I bought my sc, someone had already done the bake n peel and they looked like crap already again. Too much work if it has to be repeated for me....

Thanks, Lynn

How do those halos look? I've been thinking about them too, but don't want buy them yet until I see one personally or read good reviews. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Vic

They look awesome, I was very pleased! The only bad thing about getting the package headlights for the SC is you have to get all 4 pcs, the brights too, or else it will look funny if you are miss matching. I had to remove the whole front bumper to get to the brights and didn't find any other way around that.. I will put pictures up asap

• 2 months later...