Regular Unleaded?

Has anyone tried using regular unleaded fuel in their GS300? I've been using it for about a month and my car runs fine and actually is getting 3 more miles per gallon. It does even better on fuel with 10% ethanol. I've read that any modern car's computer will adjust to the fuel you use and the only negative to using regular is that it's not as favorable to the environment. So I'll plant a tree, (I actually did...LOL) but what do you think about using regular when the manufacturer calls for premium?

I posted about this same issue not too long ago, and the topic received quite a few suggestions/theories.

Here it is: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=46847

I have switched from regular to premium and have noticed an increased performance in acceleration and I have also noticed an increase in gas mileage...which is opposite of what you have seen. My increase is more than likely due to a change in driving times.....I drive less in rush hours now.

--Duckman

I put the cheapest in. 87 octane is working fine.

Over the long run I don't know if it will leave more build up, but for now, paying $4.00/gallon for premium will NOT leave any build up of cash in my wallet.

steviej

There should be no more carbon build up than normal with regular unleaded, but think about what you are really saving. 93 octane cost 20 cents more a gallon, so you are saving a whole $3 off a $50 fill up. There are cars that you get put in regular and get away with it, even though the manufacturer requires premium. The GS is not one of them due to its high compression ratio engine.

...93 octane cost 20 cents more a gallon, so you are saving a whole $3 off a $50 fill up.

I know, I know. I go through that scenario everytime I pull up to fill up.

It is more of a prinicple thing. I hate giving the oil companies any more money than I have to.

steviej

I put the cheapest in. 87 octane is working fine.

Over the long run I don't know if it will leave more build up, but for now, paying $4.00/gallon for premium will NOT leave any build up of cash in my wallet.

steviej

I'm using regular in my ES 330 as well.....no issues whatsoever.