Replaced Fuel Pump, But Car Still Not Starting

I replaced the fuel pump, lot of things didn't fit the way they were suppose to, the conector that goes into the fuel pump didn't match up so I had to cut it off and put some wire crimps on it, the rubber piece at the bottom didn't line up, so I just zip tied the pump to the metal thing which holds it in place, but because of that the rubber hose isn't on very good because it wasn't lining up, but it's on. well I submerged it. And tried to start the car, but nothing, didn't even come close, didn't sound like a single drop went to the engine, just starter spinning and spinning and nothing happening, I kept going, pressing the gas, or not. And absolutely nothing, how do I know if the pump is working or if the problem is somewhere else? Any sugestions, I'm getting really frustrated.

take a test light and see if u even get power to the pump when cranking or key on. if not, the problem could lie with the fuel pump ecu located is panel directly behind drivers seat under the window. just bypass ity by attaching the two thicker gauge wires together from the harness going into the fuel pump ecu/

take a test light and see if u even get power to the pump when cranking or key on. if not, the problem could lie with the fuel pump ecu located is panel directly behind drivers seat under the window. just bypass ity by attaching the two thicker gauge wires together from the harness going into the fuel pump ecu/

All right, thanx, I'll give it a try. I'm pretty ready just to part the car out.

All right, thanx, I'll give it a try. I'm pretty ready just to part the car out.

well if you do that i need some parts,

but like the other said test the power

if your getting power right after you turn the key on,

the the pump should work if everything is hooked up right

if your not getting power then the problem is some where else

perhaps the security system, igniton switch, ecu

then you need to make sure the pump is pumping gas

and if both those are good then make sure the fuel is making it to the fuel rail