How To Remove Center Console

qha_vn

i am going to install a carputer for my 1990 ls400. i will set up CPU in trunk, so shortest way to monitor is thru the center tunnel under the carpet and this requires to remove center console.

i was about to remove it but couldnt figure out how to so i quit and asking for a tutor or manual here

many thanks

It is easy to fish a wire under the rear carpet to the center console without removing the console. Pop the rear seat out and take a look.

The storage box inside the console is easily removed. I forgot exactly how I did it in the 90 LS I used to have but I do remember it is pretty obvious. There are two screws hidden under the removable cover at the bottom of the console box.

If you need to remove the wood panel on the console, it is easily removed -- used a screw driver or putty knive with the blade taped to prevent scaring the wood. Be gentle but firm. The console wood on a 90 LS is quite thick compared to my 00 LS but it is possible to crack the finish on the 90's wood if not careful.

If you do need to remove the entire console, how to do so will be more obvious once you remove the console wood and the console storage box.

Remember that the gas tank is between the back seat and the trunk so don't go drilling holes into the gas tank!