1uzfe And 2uzfe The Same?

advan7

Hey Guys,

This is Mike from Orlando, FL, first time poster, and new SC owner. I was just wondering because I couldn't find anything on the boards about it, but I was just wondering if the 1UZFE engine out of my sc400 is the same as the more recent 2UZFE engines out of the new tundra and newer Lexus v8's. I'm trying to find aftermarket parts for it, but am only finding parts for the 6cyl versions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

And also, any good places to get gauge cluster needles for the SC?

I'm not all up to speed because I prefer the toyota inline motors - but, the 1uz is the 4.0, the 2uz is the 4.3 and the 3uz is the 4.7. As far as new needles - that can be a tough one. There are a couple guys around that will do a retrofit to a better LED output type. They have you send the cluster out. New needles might be available from the dealer. Every once in a while I'll see something on e-bay but don't know how good they are.

Advan if you'd like, I'll try and get some time together tonight or tomorrow and go through most of the US guys and try and find performance parts for the 1uz, and 400 exclusively. I'll post what I find here. I have about 400 catalogs I haven't opened yet, so I'm sure I'll find something.

I'm not all up to speed because I prefer the toyota inline motors - but, the 1uz is the 4.0, the 2uz is the 4.3 and the 3uz is the 4.7.

Isn't the 1UZ the 4.0 (cars 90-00), the 2UZ the 4.7 (trucks 98-present), and the 3UZ the 4.3 (cars 01-present)?