"hybrid" Body Side Moldings?

I own a 2006 Lexus RX 400H, and i noticed that the newer models have side-moldings on the rear doors that are branded with the word "Hybrid". Does anyone know if/where i can order this part? Thanks

I own a 2006 Lexus RX 400H, and i noticed that the newer models have side-moldings on the rear doors that are branded with the word "Hybrid". Does anyone know if/where i can order this part? Thanks

i think the molding on the newer models is slightly different in dimension so it cannot be retrofitted, someone please correct me if im wrong.

You're right, I have the 2008 model and it has the word "Hybrid" on both sides. I don't know if you can order and put it in your 2006 model, but I think the Lexus dealer might be able to help you with that. Btw, does anybody's 400h has the hybrid battery picture/symbol on their vehicle like the Camry, Prius or Highlander?

• 3 months later...

The other thread linked above went totally OT, so I post my info here.

I did just that, replaced the old side moldings for the HYBRID ones:

photo0237oj4.jpg

gallery_4904_209_55064.jpg

I own the 2006 model, got replacement parts for the 2007 model at Sewell from Texas. They are approx. $79 each. Make sure you order the correct color code. Part number is 75076-480x0-A0, where x specifies the side. Promocode "CLUBLEXUS" still works for an extra 15% discount.

They come of really easily. Open front door, grab them head-on with your finger tips and tear them off applying well dosed force. Clean the area from remaining tape, dust and dirt and apply the new ones. They fit perfectly and you can't put them on wrong or unlevelled. Takes about 10-15 min.

Enjoy.