Engine Hesitation

I have a 1993 ES 300. When I first start it up in the morning it hesitates to take gas for the first couple of miles and the transmission shifting is slugish. But after a couple of miles it all goes away and won't do it again that day unless it sits up for a few hours. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tonywj

I have a 1993 ES 300. When I first start it up in the morning it hesitates to take gas for the first couple of miles and the transmission shifting is slugish. But after a couple of miles it all goes away and won't do it again that day unless it sits up for a few hours. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tonywj

Welcome to LOC.....do you have any maintenance history on the car? IE: when was the last major tune up, tranny flush etc? What is your current mileage?

:cheers:

Thanks,

Tonywj

Welcome to LOC.....do you have any maintenance history on the car? IE: when was the last major tune up, tranny flush etc? What is your current mileage?

Check the fuel pump/pressure.....

Thanks,

Tonywj

I agree here. Intake cleaning help, plugs, nice fuel adds etc. Check easy first.