...so What Good Is It

Alfalfa

I don't know if the first gen cars have this, but my 95 will allow you to either roll the drivers door window up or down from the outside with the ign key. When it rolls down when I unlock it, I have to run it back up. But fortunatly it only does it once in awhile, and is not really a pain in the rear. Living in Oregon does not allow for many drives with the window down. Just wondering, does anybody really use this feature??

I don't know if the first gen cars have this, but my 95 will allow you to either roll the drivers door window up or down from the outside with the ign key. When it rolls down when I unlock it, I have to run it back up. But fortunatly it only does it once in awhile, and is not really a pain in the rear. Living in Oregon does not allow for many drives with the window down. Just wondering, does anybody really use this feature??

My '01 AWD RX300 will roll ALL the windows down if I hold the remote unlock button down continuously.

If I still lived in Memphis I would probably consider it a neat feature.

In Seattle I simply find it an oddity.

I have a 95 also and I still cratch my head wondering what it is for. I used to have an 01 GS300 and if I held the unlock button on the keyfob it would open all the windows and the sunroof. I loved that feature and found it extremely useful here in FL on a hot summers day. On the LS it only rolls down driver's side window and only by using they key. Kinda silly.

The early cars don't have it, but my 98 does and I use it all the time in New Zealand. With no ozone anymore the car interior gets very hot, so I often leave the windows cracked open just enough to ventilate. When you do go to get into the car you can fully open all the windows while you are putting stuff in the trunk. By the time you sit down and put the reflective sunshades away and start up the aircon has a much easier job to do. Personally I love the feature. However I hate the double unlock for all doors, it always catches me out.

I use it all the time when it's hot outside. Cracking the window really makes a huge difference. It would be nice if it was remote controlled, but it's usually worth it to walk out there and roll the window down so it's not 1,000* when I get in!

• 4 weeks later...

The leather in the seats creat a lot more heat when in the sun and windows closed. That feature allows the hot air to escape in the upper direction which is the usual direction hot air takes. The colder the air the lower it will stay when there is hot air, the cold air weights more.

CPR