Good All Around All Season Tires

cali-love06

I am having a lot of trouble deciding on a good all season tire that is also a decent performing tire suitable for some occasional spirited driving... ;) Just wondering if anyone had some good suggestions or impressions on whats out there...

• 3 months later...

I checked on tirerack.com and I believe the Yokohoma Advan S4 are one of the more better performing all season tires for the IS300, but Pirellis are also pretty good, which would be a better choice for spirited driving, but maybe not so great with the snow. Just check out tirerack.com and most of the tires have reviews on there. Hope that helps.

Right at the top of this forum page and on the Home page are several links to tire companies and information about tires. Did you click on any of those and not find what you are looking for?

TireRack.com

Tire review

Firestone

consumer reports tire review

For or Against

Megasearch

• 2 weeks later...
I am having a lot of trouble deciding on a good all season tire that is also a decent performing tire suitable for some occasional spirited driving... ;) Just wondering if anyone had some good suggestions or impressions on whats out there...

I use Kumho ECSTA ASX and they perform really well for everyday driving. I was looking for low priced tires for my 02 IS and found really good ratings and reviews on these.

It cost about $600 for a set of 4 installed with road hazard from Tires Plus and they come with thread warranty (30 or 40 kmiles)

• 2 weeks later...

After just doing a bunch of exhaustive research myself on this same subject- i finally settled on the BFG SuperSport A/S and couldn't be happier. Smooth, super quiet ride- and responsive as hell with spirited driving. I live in Florida, and the rainstorms here can be intense in the summertime. These tires cut through rainy and slick roads like no other tire I have ever owned..I tried a few days ago to get the tires to break loose a bit turning in really hard during a rain, and couldn't get the damn things to break loose! Just over 700 for the staggered set (225 rear, 215 front)

The tread design is VERY good looking on the car and even my wife complimented the look. The treadwear rating on the tire is 400, but it grips like it's a lot lower. VERY satisfied after 2500 miles- still quiet and smooth. Make sure you get an alignment RIGHT AFTER you get your new shoes. I chose Lexus dealer because they know EXACTLY what the car requires and solved my front-inside-balding-first problem common with this car. The tires and ride is so smooth it's seriously like hovering.

Official Site:

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overview/g-...t-a-s/3906.html

and the tire rack rating-

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...per+Sport+A%2FS

This rating was slightly lower than i personally would rate them, of course the 6.0 for snow traction skewed the average. Not a concern for me though since it only snows in Florida in disaster movies! :D

• 1 month later...

1) Do NOT buy Yokohama's. I've had three different yokohama sets of tires and every one eventually had belts bust internally to the tire. A big lump appears on the side wall. The last set I had bought new and expected them to honor the warranty. I went around and around with NTB with them claiming I must have hit something to cause it. I then called yokohama and they refused to honor any warranty saying I had to PROVE I did not hit something to cause it - I couldn't decide to laugh this off or jump through the phone. She did not understand that it is impossible to prove a negative - I asked plainly how could I prove I DID NOT do something? Anyway, after this crappy customer service and three sets of tires all having the same issues - I tell everyone to NEVER BUY YOKOHAMA.

2) The Kumho ECSTA AST all season has been a great tire on my G20t. No squealing in corners taken at spirited speeds, great wear, etc.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...inSpeedRating=H

This is my first post - looking for an 02 Sportcross: high miles fine, just proven TLC