Side Mirrors With 08' Is 250 Manual Trans.

I read in the manual that the side mirrors are supposed to tilt downward when the car is in reverse and when the mirror adjustor is NOT in neutral (between L and R). Is this only true in the Automatic Transmission? The mirrors don't tilt down on my IS Manual Trans. Does anyone know? Thanks.

...and the button for the selection of the left/right mirror has to be eighter in the middle or left/right (I don't know right now) - so the function can be switched off if desired.

linn

...and the button for the selection of the left/right mirror has to be eighter in the middle or left/right (I don't know right now) - so the function can be switched off if desired.

linn

L or R position only--not middle

The likelihood that he has Lux or Sport Pkg on a 6MT in NJ is extremely low unless it was a special order, so that's probably the problem.

You are right. My car isn't equipped with luxury or sport pkg. so I suppose it's not a malfunction then.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of those mirrors...my side mirrors don't tilt all the way down to where I set them to. Here's what I did:

1. Put transmission into R

2. Side mirrors tilt down a bit

3. I use the controls to make the side mirrors tilt down some more

4. Put transmission into P

5. Put transmission into R again

6. Side mirrors tilt down a bit BUT not to where I set them to

Anyone else having this problem? Any way to fix this? I remember my mom's ES had no problem remembering how far the side mirrors should tilt down.

Speaking of those mirrors...my side mirrors don't tilt all the way down to where I set them to. Here's what I did:

Anyone else having this problem? Any way to fix this? I remember my mom's ES had no problem remembering how far the side mirrors should tilt down.

I don't believe that it works as you describe. The mirrors tilt down a fixed amount based on the initial position during normal (forward) driving. It is an interesting idea though. I never thought about trying to set the tilt-down position. The factory setting is fine for me.

Regards,

• 4 months later...

Just read this thread....I have a similar problem with the mirrors on my '06 350. After a few times of tilting and returning to the preset and memorized position, the mirrors begin to return to a default position that is different from the one I set for my viewing. It's not that different, but definitely is not where I want them. Dealer took a look at it and claimed they couldn't see what I was talking about and said if I replaced the mirrors on warranty and the factory couldn't replicate the problem, I'd be charged for two mirrors...definitely not something I want. So it's on record and I hope it gets worse so that it will be covered on warranty. Not much to do, but I'm sending this out to Lexus cyberspace.