Cleaned Throtlle Body...ooops!

BlackLex

I have had slight misfire for about 9mo.s and now getting worse. so I thought I would follow on of the forums tutorials

on how to clean throttle body before I change plugs/wires/caps/rotors in the near future.

Cleaning the throttle body on my 94 was no easy task it took me 5hrs . After I put It all back together there was no

apparent change in performance and the miss was still there. I guess Its plugs and etc.

But now I have a new problem . the trac light on the dash lights up and wont go out . I checked the fuse and its fine

Now what have I done!!!!!!!

I have had slight misfire for about 9mo.s and now getting worse. so I thought I would follow on of the forums tutorials

on how to clean throttle body before I change plugs/wires/caps/rotors in the near future.

Cleaning the throttle body on my 94 was no easy task it took me 5hrs . After I put It all back together there was no

apparent change in performance and the miss was still there. I guess Its plugs and etc.

But now I have a new problem . the trac light on the dash lights up and wont go out . I checked the fuse and its fine

Go to www.lexls.com and read the tutorial in introduction about pulling codes from your car... Your check engine light should have come on too if not, than it is possible that your bulb is burnt out for it, and you will need it at some point, so time to get one if you do...

Once you pull the codes, bring back the information and let us know!

I cleaned the throttle body in my 97 LS and it was easy peasy.. no more than 30-45min.

Did you spray obscene amouns of cleaner into the intake manifold? I sprayed it on a rag then wiped.

I cleaned the throttle body in my 97 LS and it was easy peasy.. no more than 30-45min.

Did you spray obscene amouns of cleaner into the intake manifold? I sprayed it on a rag then wiped.

It took me 8 days since it was 40C below zero in an unheated garage that week!!!!!!

Did you take the traction control tps sensor off the side of the throttle body when cleaning it? (it's one of the two little black plastic pieces that attaches to the side). If so, you probably did not set the little springs and clips inside correctly when you put it back on. I had this problem after cleaning it myself. You'll know this is your problem if when you put the key in ignition and turn it to "on" you hear clicking noises from the sensors and then the TRAC light comes on.

Did you take the traction control tps sensor off the side of the throttle body when cleaning it? (it's one of the two little black plastic pieces that attaches to the side). If so, you probably did not set the little springs and clips inside correctly when you put it back on. I had this problem after cleaning it myself. You'll know this is your problem if when you put the key in ignition and turn it to "on" you hear clicking noises from the sensors and then the TRAC light comes on.

I did take one of the sensors off ,there's two on mine,and when it came off it sounded like somthing sprung so when I put it back together I twisted it so there was tension but I must not have done it right I tried again a couple of times and it still didnt work . then I got your response to my question and went out and tried it again today it took a couple of times but I got it in the right place . Light is off ... thank you

Actually no I didn't use that much cleaner. I guess when I put one of the sensor on the side I didn't put it on right.

I had a Heck of time getting the throttle body on and off with the two hose on the bottom connected . I tried to disconnect them but that was impossible . In the tutoriol I used it seemed like it was a little different than my 94.

Next time I will take the studs out on top of the intake manifold where the throttle body connects (take care not to damage the threads)

thats what I did to get it back on and then it was easy.

And I did forget to mention peddling to the parts store to get gasket material ( I made my own gasget) no dealer around and I wanted to get it done. Thanks for you response

Go to www.lexls.com and read the tutorial in introduction about pulling codes from your car... Your check engine light should have come on too if not, than it is possible that your bulb is burnt out for it, and you will need it at some point, so time to get one if you do...

My check engine light works fine. It comes on when I turn the ignition to "on" . It never comes on otherwise

• 2 weeks later...

We'll I finally got my plugs/wires/rotors/caps and intalled them. It's been three days now and have driven the car 10 times and It seems like all is well (no more slight misfire at any speed). I think this may be the first time I've ever replaced plugs and wires and had it solve the problem. I dont know about all of you but It allways..allways turns out to be something else. Performance seems better too . could be combintation throttle body clean and new plugs/wires.

All is good . next job .... power steering solonoid filter cleaning and system flush ... Thanks everybody!!!! :) :) :)