Full Throttle = White Smoke

My car likes to blow white smoke whenever i get on it. its not real bad but its noticable in my rear view mirror. what could cause this? also my car seems to be burning oil. theres no leaks or anything in my driveway. sorry im a lexus novice. any input would be appreciated.

Traditional logic says when you see white smoke you are burning coolant. Whe "white" part of the exhaust you see at full throttle is a mix of water vapor and glycol (and whatever else is in your coolant). The fact that you are also using oil seems to indicate a head gasket problem. There is probably a flaw in the gasket in proximity to an oil passage and water jacket passage.

The weight/grade of engine oil could be too thin and sipping through your rings? What weight/grade engine oil are u using for ur car?

Is your coolant mixed with oil (usually turns into a milky/brownish kind of colour) or any water condensation on your oil cap?

• 2 weeks later...
The weight/grade of engine oil could be too thin and sipping through your rings? What weight/grade engine oil are u using for ur car?

Is your coolant mixed with oil (usually turns into a milky/brownish kind of colour) or any water condensation on your oil cap?

Im using 5w30

How many miles do you have on your car....

My 400 with 140k blows a lot off white smoke at idle when warm up... after awhile it goes away but you can still noticed it a little when the engine warms up.

You mite want to try a heavier oil if your motor burns alot of oil, kinda like A GS300 said.

I haven’t owned my car long enough to tell if it blows white smoke at full throttle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It's called "steam" and is the result of normal combustion. It condenses in the exhaust system, and you see "white". If it was oil smoke, it would be blue, and the level would drop. If it was a head gasket, well, you'd know it from other symptoms, all of them dramatic. It's not fuel, unless the smoke is actually gray, and occurs only when you are at full throttle, then it's the WOT switch richening the mixture to protect the engine and heat up the cats. All perfectly normal.

Unless you have some symptoms other than the "white smoke", don't worry about it.