1993 Lexus Ls 400 Keyless Remote

DNL333

I have a 1993 LS 400 replacement master key and ROM chip from Lexus. I was told by them, I could do this by self.

I have no idea where and how to replace as I dont have an owners manual. I really need detailed instructions (possibly pics - I'm not the brightest bulb on broadway)

Please help!!!!!

Welcome to the LOC, DNL :) :) In reference to your question I'm a little confused, when you say ROM chip what exactly do you mean? Are you referring to the electronic chip in the key itself? If so, I don't think yours uses a key with the chip. Mine is a '95 and it doesn't have the chip embedded in the key. Most locksmiths can cut the key for you (given it's a blank key), but the problem I ran in to is that they wanted me to buy the key from them.

Ray

Hey guys thanks for responding. I really apreciate it. :D

I'm going to try to do this my self when time is available.

Does anyone know where I can order one of those 93 LS400 repair manuals they used to sell (that don't seem to exist today)?

Hey guys thanks for responding. I really apreciate it. :D

I'm going to try to do this my self when time is available.

Does anyone know where I can order one of those 93 LS400 repair manuals they used to sell (that don't seem to exist today)?

Try techinfo.toyota.com. Pay $10 and get 1 day's worth of access to their online database. You can download all the service manuals you want for any Toyota vechine during that time. That is probably the cheapest and best option.