2008 Is250-manual Transmission Questions

sell

I bought a 2008 IS250 RWD MT last week. I just noticed when I was at idle(netural), the RPM was almost at 1000, to be exact 800. I feel like it's kinda of high. Is it normal? Or this is just the Lexus as i never drove Lexus before. I had a Mazda MT prior to this car and the RPM was around 500 for the past ten years. My mechanic told me even 500 RPM at idle was a little high on my Mazda. He tried to lower the idle speed but failed because the car would die when I was put on netural. He changed it back to the original setting. Anyone owns a IS250 MT can assist me with this question.

Second, I happened to put my hand on the stick shift and felt a little constant jump on the shift when the car is at idle. I didn't feel it on other shifts but just the netural shift. Is it normal too? Or I should bring the car back to the dealer for a fix/check up?

Thanks.

I bought a 2008 IS250 RWD MT last week. I just noticed when I was at idle(netural), the RPM was almost at 1000, to be exact 800. I feel like it's kinda of high. Is it normal? Or this is just the Lexus as i never drove Lexus before. I had a Mazda MT prior to this car and the RPM was around 500 for the past ten years. My mechanic told me even 500 RPM at idle was a little high on my Mazda. He tried to lower the idle speed but failed because the car would die when I was put on netural. He changed it back to the original setting. Anyone owns a IS250 MT can assist me with this question.

Second, I happened to put my hand on the stick shift and felt a little constant jump on the shift when the car is at idle. I didn't feel it on other shifts but just the netural shift. Is it normal too? Or I should bring the car back to the dealer for a fix/check up?

Thanks.

The car is under warranty, So it's a no brainer. Bring it back to the dealer and express your concerns firmly. And do not let the dealer wash your car, Trust me on this one. ;)

550 is the correct RPM for the V6 you have. Under what conditions did you observe the high RPM? Was it a warm/cold start? Were the headlights switched on? The engine should be in optimal running temperature to measure RPM. In a few cars, the RPM are higher when the gear is not engaged, P in automatics & Neutral in manuals. Also, switched on headlights increase RPM. I've observed this in my cars - IS250 (automatic) & Accord (manual).

Measure RPM after the engine is warmed up & all accessories turned off. If you get an incorrect reading, knock on your dealer's door.

Engine warm idle speed of 700RPM is about right.

You're going to feel something through the shifter. It's attached to lots of stuff that moves, goes around and reciprocates more or less. While the car body and seats, etc are isolated, the shifter isn't. Unless it's a major vibration I wouldn't be concerned.

I purchased a new 2008 manual is250 a few months ago and found that the rpm level is between 700 and 800 warm. The idle speed didnt' bother me, but what I did notice was when I was just starting to accelerate slowly (like slowly going over a speed bump) I would hear what sounds like a clicking/crunching noise coming from the engine compartment. I asked Lexus to check it out and they said the noise was normal. Not completely convinced, but maybe it's legit. Other than I really don't have any complaints.